Animated City of Orchha with Meals Train Tickets and Private Transfers0
At 05:00 AM
You would be picked up from your hotel in Delhi and transferred to Nizamuddin Railway Station in an air-conditioned car by our driver. He will assist you in boarding train ‘Bhopal Shatabdi’ to Jhansi. It will depart from Delhi at 06:00 am and reach Jhansi at 10:43 am.
At 11:00 AM
On your arrival in Jhansi, our representative will receive you at the station. Orchha is at a distance of approximately 15 km from Jhansi by road i.e half-an-hour journey. You will be directed to Orchha in an air-conditioned car with a driver.
On arrival in Orchha, have lunch at a local restaurant. Post lunch, we will start our sightseeing of the city.
At 12:00 NOON
Orchha town is located on the banks of Betwa River and is dotted by magnificent historical forts and palaces belonging to Mughals and Indian Kings in the past.
Our first visit will be to ‘Orchha Fort Complex’, it was built by Hindu Rajput King and is divided into 3 parts : Raj Mahal, Jahangir Mahal and Rai Parveen Mahal.
- Raj Mahal has 400 – 500 years old exquisite incised colorful paintings. The Bundela styled paintings have fragments of mirrors and vibrant designs on the walls. The rooms of Kings and Queens are heavily decorated with murals and intricate motifs. Raj Mahal leads to ‘Sheesh Mahal’ showcasing medieval age frescoes.
- Jahagir Mahal was built by then ruler Vir Singh Deo to commemorate visit of Mughal emperor Jahangir. The architecture is surmounted by numerous chattris and is regarded as symbol of friendship.
- Rai Praveen Mahal was dedicated to Rai Praveen, paramour of Raja Indramani.
Next we will visit ‘Chaturbhuj Temple’ which was built to enshrine Lord Rama’s idol and is now dedicated to Lord Vishnu. With unusually high dome resting on a huge platform of stone this temple stands out from the rest.
The set of 14 ‘Cenotaphs (Chattris) are memorials of Orchha rulers dotted on the banks of river Betwa. They are magnificent tombs of royal Maharajas placed close to each other. You will like the mesmerizing view with river Betwa flowing along side.
Lunch would be provided at local restaurant during the sightseeing tour.
At 05:00 PM
After an interesting visit to the heritage sites of Orchha the driver will take you back to the railway station in Jhansi. You will board Shatabdi train back to Delhi. It will depart from Jhansi at 06:40 pm and arrive in Delhi at 11:30 pm.
On your arrival in Delhi station our driver will receive and transfer you safely to the hotel in Delhi.
- Train Tickets for Delhi-Jhansi-Delhi in Executive Class
- Breakfast & Dinner onboard the train
- Return railway station transfers in Delhi by private car
- Private Air conditioned car for Jhansi – Orchha – Jhansi
- Sightseeing tour in Orchha with English speaking tour guide
- Lunch at a local restaurant in Orchha
- Entrance fee to Orchha Fort Complex including Jehangir Mahal and Chhatris
- All applicable taxes
- Hotel accommodation
- Expense arising out of unexpected circumstances like natural calamities, flight cancellation or delay
- Take a look at the royal lifestyle of Indian Kings living in luxurious palaces decorated with aesthetic murals, motifs and spellbinding frescoes in ‘Orchha Fort Comlex’.
- Let Chaturbhuj Temple surprise you with its unusual height of dome.
- Enjoy the clean surroundings, pruned gardens and scenic landscape of the forts.
- The set of Cenotaphs built along river Betwa offer a pleasant sunset view.
Payment & Cancellation Policy:-
- 30 days prior commencement of tour, No cancellation charges.
- 29-10 day’s prior commencement of tour, 25% of travel cost.
- 10 days prior commencement of tour, 50% of travel cost.
- Less than 09 days prior commencement of tour, No Refund.
Book This Tour
Similar Tour Options
2 Days Private Tour of Jhansi and Orchha with Return Train and Transfers
- USD 207 Per Person
- 1 night / 2 daysDuration
2 Days Khajuraho Tour from Delhi with Train Ride and Private Transfers
- USD 230 Per Person
- 1 night / 2 daysDuration