Mumbai Morning Tour covers the Gateway of India, the Elephanta Caves along with delicious Mumbai style breakfast. Get to explore the unique landmark, The Gateway of India located at the tip of Apollo Bunder surrounded by Arabian Sea. Experience a short trip to the Elephanta Caves made up of rock-cut architecture & sculpture art of Medieval India dedicated to Lord Shiva. Know about the rich cultural past and the lost civilization that lived in the 2nd century.
- Explore the ancient Gateway of India, the Elephanta Caves accompanied by a guide
- Eat like a Mumbaikar, gorge on tasty dishes such as at a local restaurant
- The rock-cut sculptures of the Hindu and Buddhist caves at the Elephanta Caves will give a sneak peek into the past
- Visit the magnificent landmark in Mumbai- The Gateway of India and experience the ferry ride
At 8 AM, meet the guide at the Regal Theatre (ticket counter) situated in Colaba area. The historical excursion tour will begin with a delicious breakfast at a local restaurant famous for Keema Pav (minced lamb with Mumbai bread), Ban Maska (buttered bread) and Indian style masala tea.
After breakfast, visit the Gateway of India, located in Apollo Bandar in Colaba. It was built during the British rule to celebrate the visit of King George V and Queen Mary in Mumbai. The monument offers a great view of the blue Arabian Sea with ships and visitors. Built in Indo-Saracenic architectural style, the Gateway of India has great historical significance.
At 9 PM, we will board a ferry from the Gateway of India Ferry Dock and leave for Elephanta Caves situated in Elephanta Island. After reaching the Island, the guide will take you on a medium trek to the spectacular Elephanta Caves. Elephanta Caves are set of two cave groups, five Hindu & two Buddhist caves and the rock-cut cave architecture belongs to 5th -8th century. The island has been named after a colossal elephant found on the island. Elephant Island looks like a green patch on the sea if looked from a distance.
Take back memories of the Elephanta caves and enjoy the sunset during the ferry ride. Board a ferry and return back to the Gateway of India ferry dock where the tour concludes.The ferry ride experience gives you an unforgettable experience with boats, ships sailing around.
- English Speaking local Guide
- Monument entrance fee.
- Round Trip Boat ferry charges.
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Air or train fare.
- Camera fee at monuments.
- Expense arising out of unexpected circumstances like natural calamities, flight cancellation or delay.