River Ganga has been given myriad names, in Kolkatta it is called Hoogly. This scintillating river is the lifeline of Kolkata. Here boatmen eke out a living by ferrying people from one bank to another, whereas local priests earn by performing rituals on its ghats like Gwalior Ghat, Kashimittar Ghat. Words aren’t enough to elucidate the magic of Hoogly, take a one day tour and add beautiful chapter in your memories.
- Beautiful view from the Howrah Bridge
- Old and new Ghats
- Colorful ferries
- Temples near ghats
The pick up time is recommended at 06:00 am from your hotel. As the morning sun will start changing its colors the vessel leave Babughat jetty and sail towards the iconic Howarh Bridge, this colossal bridge joins opposite banks of Kolkatta. From the cruise, the shimmering water of Hoogly appears like a big mirror. Don’t forget to carry your binoculars to relish close view of Vidya Sagar Setu, Nimotolla Ghat and Gun and Shell factory. Besides this, you may also spot a team of divers who help in tracing articles from its gravel bed, Hoogly is abode of small and large fishes, hundreds of fishermen brave all kinds of weather so that fish curry loving Indians have a hearty meal. Shimmering Hoogly from the Howarh Bridge reminds you about the times when the river was the main source of transportation. The boat will sail past the busiest Howrah railway Station, historic temples, heritage sites as various bathing ghats to let you admire the enlightening magic of the river. On completion the boat will be docked back at jetty and you would be driven to your hotel by a private car.
Note: This tour is not operational during Durga Pooja (10 days in the month of October) + Gangasagar dates (10 Jan -20 Jan) + Holi festival (2 days in Feb/March).
- Pick up and drop from the hotel in Kolkata by private car
- Private Exclusive Boat for River Cruise
- English Speaking Tour Guide
- Mineral Water
- All taxes
- Hotel accommdoation
- Meals or Beverages other than specified in program
- Expense arising out of unexpected circumstances like natural calamities, flight cancellation or delay
- The cruise is subject to weather conditions. We may cancel the tour in case of bad weather considering the safety of travellers, however we would provide full refund in such cases.
- This tour is not operational during Durga Pooja (10 days in the month of October) + Gangasagar dates (10 Jan -20 Jan) + Holi festival (2 days in Feb/March)
- 30 days prior commencement of tour, No cancellation charges.
- 29-10 days prior commencement of tour, 25% of travel cost.
- 09-03 days prior commencement of tour, 50% of travel cost.
- Less than 03 days prior commencement of tour, No Refund.
had a great time on this trip!May 09 2018
My mother and I had a great time on this trip! Our driver was very friendly and knowledgeable and we loved hearing his stories. Our tour guide was a great photographer and helped us take incredible photos. We also really loved food
Mesmeizing placeMarch 07 2018
You need to have a good guide who can tell you about the places. I was happy with the guide who told me lots of things about the sites here. Kolkata was great. Must visit.