Cover the vast stretches of North India in India tour package with a concluding trip to lively coastal city and top Indian holiday destination called Goa. The Northern part of India is marked with teeming cultural heritage lying in different parts of India viz. Delhi, Amritsar, Jaipur, Ranthambore, Agra, Varanasi and Goa. The places offer brilliant age-old architectures, assorted Indian culture and riveting physical beauty galore.
- Visit the supreme pilgrimage site of Sikhs ‘The Golden Temple’.
- Fun activities and delicious dinner at recreational cultural village resort Sadda Pind.
- Possibility to Spot Bengal Tigers exclusively in Ranthambore National Park.
- Visit spectacular Mughal architectures Taj Mahal, Fatehpur Sikri embellished with artwork.
- Behold mesmerizing sunrise view from the boat on Ganges River in Varanasi and Visit Stupas and see relics of Mauryan Empire in Sarnath.
- Explore lively streets, gorgeous places and night life of Goa.
Day 1: Arrive Delhi
As you arrive in Delhi, our representative will be present at the airport for your welcome. You will be then transferred to the hotel in Delhi by an air-conditioned car. Check-in at the hotel and spend rest of the day at leisure followed by an overnight stay.
Day 2: Delhi – Amritsar by Shatabdi Train ( 6 hr 25 mins )
At 06.30 am in the morning you will be taken to New Delhi railway station from the hotel to board Swarna Shatabdi Express to Amritsar. It departs at 07.20 am from Delhi and reaches Amritsar at 13.45 pm. On your arrival, our driver will pick you up from the station and drop you at the hotel in Amritsar.
At 03.00 pm get ready to attend the Beating Retreat ceremony held at Wagah-Attari border of India-Pakistan. It is a 45 minutes long military exercise held by two nations to mark brotherhood and healthy relationship. Soldiers conduct parade and dancelike maneuvers which can be enjoyed with unobstructed view from foreigner gallery (only permissible to foreign nationals). Post ceremony you will be directed back to the hotel. Take rest and enjoy comfortable overnight stay.
Day 3: Amritsar Sightseeing & Palki ceremony
We will start our day with a blissful visit to pilgrimage site of Sikhs ‘the Golden Temple’. Walk on the spotless marble floor of the temple surrounded by Amrit Sarovar. The extensive work of gold-leaf in the making of upper part of temple steals the show. Pay obeisance to the Sikh scripture and then move ahead to leave for next site ‘Durgiana Temple’. It is dedicated to Godess Durga and is mirror image of premier Golden Temple. Next visit will be to the recreational village resort Sadda Pind. It is a cultural village resort themed on Punjab. The interiors with offer a mini Punjab look making one feel like visiting a typical Punjabi village. Also, enjoy mouth-watering Punjabi dishes served at its dhaba named ‘Chayee Ji ka Vehra’.
At 09.00 pm in the evening we will visit Golden Temple again to behold its gleaming completely lit view and attend retiring procession ceremony Sukhasan of Guru Grantha Sahib. The ceremony is marked by taking the scripture in a palanquin back to Akal Takht for night while performing kirtans and Ardas (prayer). Take Karha Prasad (holy offering) after the ceremony then you will be dropped back at your hotel for overnight stay.
Day 4: Amritsar to Jaipur by Flight via Delhi ( 3 hr 40 mins )
In the morning, you will leave for airport with our driver to board flight to Jaipur via Delhi. On arrival in Jaipur, our representative will transfer you safely to the hotel. Spend some relaxing time in the restful rooms of the hotel. Later in the afternoon, get ready to visit famous ethnic village resort of Rajasthan – Chokhi Dhani. The cultural activities are conducted at the resort exhibiting sheer Rajasthani culture with folk dance, acrobats, traditional food joints, etc. After an absorbing evening you will be dropped back to the hotel.
Day 5: Jaipur Sightseeing
After having breakfast, our driver will take you on excursion of the city. Jaipur is well-known for its valiant warriors and affluent Kings in the history. The lifestyle of Maharaja’s and their Queens has been luxurious with their ornate and formidable palaces. Take a glance at them through their rustic reminiscences: Amber Fort, Hawa Mahal, City Palace and Jantar Mantar. Evening will be for shopping in famous local markets. Afterwards, overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 6: Ranthambore by Road (165 kms / 3 - 4 hours)
Relish the complimentary breakfast by the hotel and get ready for drive to Ranthambore National Park. On reaching Ranthambore, check-in at the hotel and relax. The adventurous jeep safari of the jungle will be conducted in the afternoon. The national Park is famous for spotting Bengal Tigers. It is named after Ranthambore citadel lying within the park. Also get a chance to see other wild animals - Indian leopard, Nilgai, Wild Boar, Sambar deer, Striped Hyena, Sloth Bear, rhesus macaque, mugger crocodile and chital. After a thrilling experience you will be transferred back to the hotel. Enjoy pleasant stay.
Day 7: Ranthambore – Agra via Abhaneri and Fatehpur Sikri by Road (300 kms / 7 to 8 hours)
Enjoy a morning game drive in Ranthambore National Park. Continue the exploration leaving for Agra by road with en route visit to ‘Chand Baori’ and ‘Fatehpur Sikri’.
- Chand Baori is one of the most beautiful and largest baoris (step-well) of the world with 64 feet depth and 13 floors. Its exquisite geometry is jaw-dropping. It is situated in Abhaneri village of Rajasthan.
- Fatehpur Sikri is an Indo-Islamic Mughal architecture with prominent features – Buland Darwaza, Tomb of Salim Chisti, Ibadat Khana, Panch Mahal, Birbal’s house, etc.
On arrival in Agra, check-in at the hotel and spend evening at leisure followed by cozy overnight stay.
Day 8: Agra – Delhi by Road (200 kms / 4 hours) – Varanasi by Flight (1h 25 min)
Your Agra tour will start with early morning visit to Taj Mahal. Behold the sunrise view of Taj Mahal and admire its enchanting beauty with - surmounting cupola, rimming 4 minarets, overlooking flowers laden Mughal Garden and a huge gateway inscribed with calligraphic verses of Quran. Then walk to next Mughal architecture ‘Agra Fort’ situated in its proximity. It is a fortification of high-rise walls used for protection from the enemies. It is made of red sandstone and is declared as world heritage site by UNESCO.
After sightseeing in Agra, our next destination to visit will be Varanasi city in Uttar Pradesh state. Leave for Varanasi by dividing the journey in two parts: initial journey till Delhi by road in air-conditioned car and final by catching direct flight from Delhi to Varanasi. As you land in Varanasi, our chauffeur driven car will be available to transfer you from the airport to hotel.
Day 9: Varanasi
Enjoy breathtaking early morning sunrise view from boat floating on unruffled waters of Ganges River. It leaves a refreshing and soothing effect on mind. Later, return hotel to savour the breakfast followed by daylong sightseeing tour of the city. The name of the city comes from confluence of two rivers Varuna and Assi making Varanasi. The must visit places in the city are : several ghats (quays) on Ganges River, Benaras Hindu University and Bharat Mata Temple. Evening will be a spiritual affair attending Aarti (worshipping) ceremony at Ganges. Sign off the day by returning to hotel with pleasant overnight stay.
Day 10: Varanasi – Delhi by Flight (1h 35min)
Relish breakfast at the hotel and leave for excursion to Sarnath. It is one of the four supreme pilgrimage sites of Buddhists where Lord Buddha gave his first sermon in the deer park. See
- Dhameka Stupa built by Emperor Ashok where Buddha gave his first sermon after attaining enlightenment.
- Chaukhandi Stupa where he met his five ascetics.
- Ashok Pillar
- Sarnath Archeological Museum displaying excavated artefacts. Do not miss to see the Lion Capital of Ashoka- the national emblem of India.
- Sri Digamber Jain Temple
Then you will be directed to airport in Varanasi from Sarnath to board flight to Delhi. Our driver will pick you up from Delhi airport and drop safely at the hotel in Delhi for a comfortable overnight stay.
Day 11: Delhi Sightseeing
Enjiy the breakfast and then get ready for exciting sightseeing tour of the national capital Delhi. For years, Delhi has been under the rule of Mughals hence the city is dominated by remarkable imposing Mughal architectures. The tour will begin with glimpse of important government buildings like Parliament House from the car. Visit the splendid historical monuments : Jama Masjid, Chandni Chowk (enjoy rickshaw ride at Chandni Chowk), Raj Ghat (Have lunch at Chor Bazaar Restaurant in Old Delhi), Humayun’s Tomb, India Gate, Lotus Temple and Qutub Minar.
Post sightseeing return to the hotel and have a relaxing overnight stay.
Day 12: Delhi – Goa by Flight
Post breakfast, you will be transferred to the airport in Delhi to board flight to Goa. On arrival in Goa, you will be transferred to the hotel in an air-conditioned car. Check-in at the hotel and spend rest of the day at leisure followed by cozy overnight stay.
Day 13: Goa
The breakfast will be served by the hotel. The day is free to spend as per your interest. Your accommodation is booked at the hotel in Goa.
The once Portuguese city is dotted with numerous Churches, exquisite white sand beaches, markets to shop for shell jewelry, shell show pieces, and lots of greenery to soak in. It is also famous as honeymoon and party destination of India.
Day 14: Goa
Enjoy complimentary breakfast at the hotel. Continue exploring the coastal city with invigorating atmosphere and lively streets on your own. Have a pleasant overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 15: Goa – Depart
Post breakfast, you would be transferred to the airport in Goa to board flight continuing your onward travel.
- Accommodation on Twin Sharing Basis with Breakfast at below mentioned / similar hotels:
- Delhi (1N): Regent Grand
- Amritsar (2N): HK Clarks Inn
- Jaipur (2N): Dera Rawatsar
- Ranthambore (1N): Heritage Haveli
- Agra (1N): Howard Plaza The Fern
- Varanasi (2N): Hotel Ganges View
- Delhi (2N): Regent Grand
- Goa (3N): Golden Tulip
- Train Tickets for Delhi to Varanasi in Shatabdi Train Executive Class
- Flight Tickets for Amritsar to Jaipur via Delhi in Economy Class
- Round Trip Flight Tickets for Delhi to Varanasi in Economy Class
- Flight Tickets for Delhi to Goa in Economy Class
- Land Transportation by Air conditioned private vehicle with driver
- All Transfers and Sightseeing Tours on Private Basis
- English speaking local tour guide during sightseeing tours
- Entrance fee to all monuments to be visited during the trip
- Jungle Safari in Ranthambore with naturalist on shared Jeep/Canter
- Sunrise Boat Cruise on Ganges in Varanasi
- Assistance during arrival and departure at airports/railway stations
- All applicable taxes
- International Air Fares
- Lunch / Dinner
- Expense arising out of unexpected circumstances like natural calamities, flight cancellation or delay.
Payment & Cancellation Policy
- 30 days prior commencement of tour, No cancellation charges
- 29-10 days prior commencement of tour, 25% of travel cost
- 10 days prior commencement of tour, 50% of travel cost
- Less than 09 days prior commencement of tour, No Refund
- Price is subject to changes in case of any air fare hike or changes in taxes from the Government.
- Taj Mahal Remains closed on Fridays. In this case, we would re-schedule the itinerary to arrange your visit to Taj Mahal a day prior.
- In case if there are any infants traveling with you, there will be infant charges applicable in domestic flights which will be charged additionally.
- Supplement cost would be applicable during the date of Festival/ Fair and on 24th Dec'18 & 31 Dec'18 night.
15-day tour to North IndiaJune 26 2019
With a curiosity to discover India I with my college friends booked a 15-day tour to North India from Indiator. The meticulously planned trip was worth every penny.