Khajuraho is an ancient group of 25 temples frequently visited for its enigmatic sculptures and immaculate artwork. The monument dating back to 950 - 1050 A.D was built by Chandela dynasty in an isolated town called Khajuraho with nearest city being Jhansi. The trip to Khajuraho gives you an overview about the Indo-Aryan architecture and its fascinating past. With the company of expert guide the visit becomes more interesting unraveling the hidden facts about masterpiece.
- Go through the famous vignettes of erotic sculptures & incised paintings.
- Walk around the Hindu temples posing Indo-Aryan nagara-styled architecture.
- Notice the features comprising bedecked pillars and walls with motifs, mosaics & sculptures.
- Listen to the story of its past in open air Light & Sound Show conducted in its neat lawns.
- Click the immaculate work on stone retaining its charm till date.
Day 01: Delhi – Jhansi by Train – Khajuraho by Road (170 kms / 3 hours)
An early morning hotel pickup will be scheduled for you at 5 AM. The best possible route to reach Khajuraho is via transit in Jhansi. You will be dropped to Delhi Railway Station to board the fast train ‘Bhopal Shatabdi’. It will depart from Delhi at 06:00 AM and reach Jhansi at 10:43 AM. Enjoy the onboard breakfast in train.
On arrival in Jhansi station, our driver will receive you and direct you to Khajuraho. The onward journey will be by road in an air-conditioned car. Check-in at the hotel and relax for some time. Enjoy the Light and Sound show organized by Khajuraho Temple complex in the evening. Drop back to the hotel for overnight stay.
Day 02: Khajuraho – Jhansi by Road – Delhi by Train
Begin the day with visit to one of the famous and intriguing Hindu temples of the world. As you enter the premises, the age old building renders a connecting vibe. The array of clustered temples with speechless artwork controls your attention.
The guide begins with telling you its history about how these originally was a group of 85 temples. And only 25 survived the brunt of time and nature. All temples are dedicated to different Hindu Gods. Of all temples the most famous surviving is Kendariya Mahadeva built in the reign of King Vidyadhara.
Know the story behind the name of city ‘Khajuraho’ derived from ‘Khajur’ meaning dried fruit date’; after it was left for years amid the dense growth of date palm trees. Ramble on the manicured gardens outlining the temples. You would notice the small water bodies adjoining temples reflecting one of the main Hindu Temple features.
The striking feature of this monument is the jaw-dropping artwork plastered all over. The inside of the temples can be seen adorned with incised sculptures and symmetrical mosaics. The erotic sculptures stand out from the rest with its intriguing characteristics. The illustrations depict romantic paean and central idea of Hinduism.
Thereafter at 02:30 pm: leave for Jhansi to Board Shatabdi train back to Delhi. It will depart from Jhansi at 06:40 PM and arrive in Delhi at 11:30 PM. On arrival at Delhi railway station; our driver will drop you safely at your hotel in Delhi. The Khajuraho tour package from Delhi would terminate hereby.
- Return Train Tickets for Delhi – Jhansi in Executive Class
- Breakfast & Dinner onboard the train
- Return railway station transfers in Delhi by private car
- Accommodation in Khajuraho at Hotel Clarks Khajuraho or similar with breakfast
- Private Air conditioned car for Jhansi – Khajuraho – Jhansi
- Light & Sound Show in Khajuraho
- Sightseeing tour of Khajuraho with English speaking tour guide
- Entrance fee to the temples and Light & Sound Show in Khajuraho
- All applicable taxes
- Meals other than specified
- Expense arising out of unexpected circumstances like natural calamities, flight cancellation or delay
Note: Train Tickets are subject to availability of seats at the time of booking. We reserve the right to cancel the trip in case of unavailability of train. Full refund will be provided if the trip is cancelled from our side.
Payment & Cancellation Policy:-
- 30 days prior commencement of tour, No cancellation charges.
- 29-10 day’s prior commencement of tour, 25% of travel cost.
- 10 days prior commencement of tour, 50% of travel cost.
- Less than 09 days prior commencement of tour, No Refund.