Enjoy two days trip to the most sacred city of Sikhs, Amritsar. The city was founded by fourth Sikh Guru (total ten), Guru Ram Das Jee. The city is highly visited for its glorious ‘Golden Temple’. The Amritsar sightseeing tour package takes you to: Golden Temple, Jallianwala Bagh and Beating Retreating ceremony conducted at Wagah-Attari border. Take a tour to the land of Sikhs and have a memorable experience of spirituality and compelling history.
- Explore the Amritsar city with Indiator’s Amritsar two days tour package.
- Attend the action-packed ‘Flag Lowering’ ceremony held between India & Pakistan at Wagah-Attari border.
- Get some spiritual feel inside holy ‘Golden Temple’ and relish the Prasad from ‘Langar’, its selfless community kitchens free service.
- Take a peek at the history of India in Jallianwala Bagh with lingering eerie of thousands lost lives.
Day 1: Delhi - Arrive Amritsar [By Flight] & Enjoy a visit to Wagah Border
Our driver will pick you up from the hotel in Delhi and drop at the airport to board flight for Amritsar. The duration of the flight will be approximately 1 hour. On arrival in Amritsar airport, our representative will be present to receive and transfer you safely to the booked hotel by air-conditioned car.
In the afternoon, you will be directed to the Wagah-Attari border. The border is situated 30 kms away from Amritsar taking near about 45 minutes by road. This India-Pakistan border sees lots of visitors to witness the spirited ‘Lowering of Flags’ ceremony.
Enjoy the 45 minutes ceremony conducted on daily basis by Indian Border Security Force and Pakistan Rangers. It marks healthy relations and unconditional support between two nations. The military practice becomes more zealous with multiple added dancelike manoeuvre’s. In the crowd of almost 10,000 people, get seated in the foreigner gallery closest to the border (permissible for foreign nationals only). Post ceremony, get back to the hotel.
Day 2: Amritsar City Tour & Fly to Delhi
Relish the complimentary breakfast and then check-out from the hotel for sightseeing. The driver will take you to the most sacred place of Sikh ‘The Golden Temple’ (also called Harmindar Sahib). Enter the temple while compulsory covering your head with a bandana. Walk through the white marble concourse leading to the holy temple made of Gold. Immerse yourself in the spiritual ambience of the temple. You will see ‘Amrit Sarovar’, giant sacred pool surrounding the temple deemed as the ‘Pool of nectar’. Take Prasad from the public community kitchen. Bow to the Sikh Guru inside the sanctum. Also visit the central Sikh Museum to know about the stories of Sikh Gurus.
Next visit will be to ‘Jallianwala Bagh’, located at 5 minutes walking distance from Golden Temple. The place is known for painful historical massacre. Under the British Rule, General Dyer conducted unannounced open fire inside the garden killing thousands of innocents. It is now a memorial where you can take a walk and notice marks of the bullet on walls present till date. Also, see the well where many people jumped to save themselves but drowned.
Later, browse the Hall Bazaar and other local bazaar to purchase the souvenirs or other special stuff. Afterwards, you will be safely transferred to Amritsar airport to get back to Delhi; followed by drop service at your hotel in Delhi from Delhi airport.
- Transfer and sightseeing by Private air condition vehicle.
- Return airfare for the sector Delhi to Amritsar and back to Delhi in economy class.
- 1 Night hotel accommodation at HJ Clarks Inn Or Similar category hotel at Amritsar.
- Entry Fee of all Mentioned Monuments.
- English Speaking tour Guide.
- One Buffet Breakfast at Hotel
- Mineral water.
- All taxes, parking, driver allowance and service charge.
- Train fare.
- Camera fee at monuments.
- Expense arising out of unexpected circumstances like natural calamities, flight cancellation or delay.
Payment & Cancellation Policy
- 30 days prior commencement of tour, No cancellation charges.
- 29-10 days prior commencement of tour, 25% of travel cost.
- 09 days prior commencement of tour, 50% of travel cost.
- Less than 09 days prior commencement of tour, No Refund.