2 Days Private Tour of Jhansi and Orchha with Return Train and Transfers0
Day 01: Delhi – Jhansi by Train – Orchha by Road
Our driver will pick you up from your hotel in Delhi in an air-conditioned car. You will be transferred to the railway station to board train ‘Bhopal Shatabdi’ to Jhansi. It will depart from Delhi at 06:00 am and reach Jhansi at 10:43 am. Jhansi is a city in the Indian state Uttar Pradesh. On arrival in Jhansi, you will be led by our expert guide in an air-conditioned car undertaking the visit to ‘Jhansi Fort’.
Jhansi is famous for ‘Jhansi Fort’ belonging its fierce queen Rani Lakshmi Bai who lost her life in the battle with Britishers while saving her kingdom. She carved a niche for herself in the pages of Indian history. Her acts of valor are praised till date by the world. The fort is strategically built on an elevated rock rising out of the plain located between two rivers - Pahuj and Betwa. It has an average elevation of 284 metres which render it a commanding view of the whole city.
The colossal fort has 10 entrance gates. The most formidable site inside the fort is from where Rani Lakshmi Bai jumped from a height of 15 m on the horse back with her 4 year old son; tied to her back in order to escape from the British troops. Other notable sites are Shiva Temple, Ganesha Temple at the entrance and ‘Karak Bijli’ cannon used in the uprising of 1857.
After the visit, we will leave for Orchha in an air-conditioned car. The 17 km distance will be covered in approximately half an hour. Orchha is a historic city on the banks of Betwa River in Indian state Madhya Pradesh. Check in at the hotel in Orchha for dinner and overnight stay.
Day 02: Orchha – Jhansi by Road – Delhi by Train
Wake up to a delectable breakfast served by the hotel. Get ready and board the chauffeur driven air-conditioned car to leave for sightseeing.
We will start with ‘Orchha Fort complex’ built by Rajput ruler. It gives an insight on the lavish lifestyle of Kings and Queens. The fort with lush manicured gardens has 3 distinct parts – Raj Mahal, Jahangir Mahal & Rai Parveen Mahal. You will see stunning incised vibrant paintings along with murals and motifs on the walls and ceilings of Raj Mahal. The typical architecture with chattris of Jahagir Mahal is appreciable. Lastly, Rai Praveen was paramour of Raja Indramani to whom Rai Parveen Mahal is dedicated.
Then we will visit ‘Cenotaphs’, the 14 memorials of the members of Orchha rulers in the form of chattris erected along the banks of Betwa River. The visit becomes more enchanting combined with the Betwa river view.
After the visit, we will go for shopping in a local market from where you can take home souvenirs for your beloved ones. Later, the driver will transfer you to the railway station to board the Shatabdi train for New Delhi. It will depart from Jhansi at 06:40 pm and arrive in Delhi at 11:30 pm.
On your arrival in Delhi station our driver will receive and transfer you safely to the hotel in Delhi terminating the Jhansi Orchha tour package.
- Return Train Tickets for Delhi – Jhansi in Executive Class
- Breakfast & Dinner onboard the train
- Accommodation in Orchha at Amar Mahal or similar hotel with breakfast
- Return railway station transfers in Delhi by private car
- Private Air conditioned car for Jhansi – Orchha – Jhansi
- Sightseeing tour of Jhansi Fort with English speaking tour guide
- Sightseeing tour in Orchha with English speaking tour guide
- Entrance fee to Jhansi Fort
- Entrance fee to Orchha Fort Complex including Jehangir Mahal and Chhatris
- All applicable taxes
- Meals other than specified
- Expense arising out of unexpected circumstances like natural calamities, flight cancellation or delay
- Visit the colossal Jhansi Fort of the Queen Rani Lakshmi Bai in Jhansi.
- Listen to the inspiring stories of the queen by our expert guide.
- Witness the striking site of Jhansi Fort from where the queen jumped from a height of 15 m on the horse back to escape from invading British army.
- See the ‘Kadak Bijli’ cannon used in the 1857 uprising.
- Capture the striking carvings, florid motifs, incised paintings of ‘Orchha Fort Complex’ in Orchha.
- Take a walk admiring the set of 14 Cenotaphs erected alongside Betwa River in Orchha.
Payment & Cancellation Policy:-
- 30 days prior commencement of tour, No cancellation charges.
- 29-10 day’s prior commencement of tour, 25% of travel cost.
- 10 days prior commencement of tour, 50% of travel cost.
- Less than 09 days prior commencement of tour, No Refund.