Bodh Gaya is one of the supreme pilgrimage sites for Buddhists located in Bihar state of India. The place is of great significance for Buddhists who visit here to offer prayers and meditate in the tranquility of the temple. It is this place where Gautama Buddha is said to have attained Enlightenment under peepal tree famous as “Bodhi Tree�. The descendant of that Peepal tree is the main centre of attraction. Bodh Gaya is a must visit as it throws light on the roots of Buddhist culture. You will find yourself absorbed in the peaceful environment of the temple relaxing beside the lotus pond or in the meditation garden.
- Sightseeing to Sujatha Village where you will see the stupa across Niranjana River built by Sujatha.
- A drive to Niranjana River on the banks of which Bodh Gaya is situated.
- Visit to several international monasteries and UNESCO World heritage site Mahabodhi Temple.
Day 1: Varanasi-Bodh Gaya [250 Kms/ approx. 5½ Hrs]
At 8 AM in the morning our chauffeur driven air-conditioned car will pick you from the hotel in Varanasi. We will leave for Bodh Gaya which is approximately 5½ hours journey by road. You will check in at the hotel after reaching in the afternoon. Relax for some time and then get ready for sightseeing to see the Stupa in Sujatha village. The place get its name from Sujatha, the daughter of rich merchant who offered milk and rice to Gautam Buddha who became feeble while meditating.
Our next visit will be to Niranjana (also known as Phalgu) River famous for being home to city of Bodh Gaya on its banks. You will also see International monasteries lined up in the city. Our final visit of the day will be to Mahabodhi Temple later in the evening which is also a UNESCO World heritage site. Overnight at the hotel in Bodhgaya.
Day 2: Bodhgaya-Varanasi by Road
Start your day with the delicious breakfast at the hotel by us. Check out from the hotel and drive will take you to the Varanasi hotel or airport in time to board the flight for onward destination.
- Transfer and sightseeing by Private air condition vehicle.
- 1 Night Hotel accommodations at Bodhgaya Regency or Similar category hotel
- Services of English speaking local tour guide
- Daily breakfast at Hotel.
- Entry fees as per the Itinerary.
- All taxes and service charge.
- Air or train fare.
- Camera fee at monuments.
- Expense arising out of unexpected circumstances like natural calamities, flight cancellation or delay.
- Anything except in inclusions.
Payment & Cancellation Policy
- 30 days prior commencement of tour, No cancellation charges.
- 29-10 days prior commencement of tour, 25% of travel cost.
- 09 days prior commencement of tour, 50% of travel cost.
- Less than 09 days prior commencement of tour, No Refund.
BodhgayaMarch 27 2018
I am a resident of UK, I had always wanted to see India and specially Bodh Gaya in Bihar. My spiritual journey has now begun and I am so calm at heart now. The tour gave me a lot. The arrangements were the best as par and excellent car.
My journey was so spiritual oneMarch 27 2018
I visited Bodh Gaya with my family and kids. We had a great time here and the trip turned out very well. Experience of a lifetime at Bodh Gaya. Thanks Indiator.
A bundle of peace and serenityMarch 20 2018
Bodh Gaya is a calm place and it is nice to be there. I got to interact with a couple of monks and learned about Buddhism. Prayed in the evening event. Thanks Indiator for a nice trip.
Amazing trip with Indiator !September 27 2017
Nicely planned and great tour arrangements. Loved the spiritual journey and grateful for it.
An enlightening tripJune 27 2017
The trip was very smooth and it was a wonderful experience to visit Bodh Gaya in Bihar. I felt calm and happy there. The service provided by Indiator were amazing and totally perfect. the driver was very helpful and interactive. I recommend booking a tour from Indiator for your India travel.