Dharamshala, based out in the Kangra valley, is a a beautiful place amidst nature, it has attractive landscapes, snow-clad Himalayas and a vibrant Himachali culture. It is very calm & a serene hill station and you will experience Buddhism culture as it is home to the Dalai Lama and also houses Buddhist monasteries. Divided into two regions, upper Dharamshala referred to as McLeodganj, is a tourist attraction and the lower Dharamshala has scenic landscapes, civil structures & cantonment area.
- Vibrant Buddhist culture and the pollution-free environment
- Enjoy the nature at its best and lose yourself in the beautiful hill station situated in Kangra valley
- Sneak peak of Tibetan & Himachali culture with monasteries like Tsuglagkhang Complex & Namgyal monastery
- Spend the best quality time with your beloved ones in the valley
Day 1: Amritsar – Dharamshala by car [220 Kms./approx. 5 Hrs]
You will be picked from your hotel / airport in Amritsar and will be driven in an air conditioned car to Dharamshala. After check-in into the hotel, you will enjoy the evening and overnight stay in Dharamshala.
Day 2: Dharamshala Sightseeing
After having breakfast in the hotel and leave for sightseeing tour of Dharamshala that includes Chamunda Devi Temple, Chinmaya Tapovan, Norbulingka Institute, Dal Lake, Dalai Lama Temple and McLeodganj Market. Located on the bank of Baner River, Chamunda Devi Temple is around 700 years old and is a famous shrine. Chinmaya Tapovan is an Ashram complex founded by late Swami Chinmayanand and the 9m high idol of Lord Hanuman is beautiful to watch.
Norbulingka Institute is a flourishing Tibetan community that aims to preserve the Tibetan culture by providing training, employment & education for Tibetans. You will get to see traditionally crafted art objects, as well as clothing & home furnishings here.
Surrounded by Deodar trees, the Dal lake, a sacred spot is beautiful in its own way & the greenish water will surely hold your gaze. Located at a walking distance from the McLeodganj bus stand, Dalai Lama Temple is a major tourist attraction and offer spiritual teachings of Buddhism. You can be part of the morning prayer and look at the beautifully crafted statues of Lord Buddha, Avaloktwshwara and Padmasambhava. After the tour, return back to the hotel and enjoy the dinner and the stay at the hotel.
Day 3: Dharamshala – Amritsar by car
After the breakfast, check out from the hotel and you will be driven back to Amritsar by an air conditioned car. You will be dropped to your hotel or airport on arrival in Amritsar.
- 02 night’s accommodation in 1 double room in Asia Health Resort and Spa or Similar hotel in Dharamshala.
- All transfers and tours by air conditioned vehicle as per itinerary.
- Monument Entrance fees
- English Speaking Local Guide.
- Daily buffet breakfast at the hotel.
- All applicable taxes, parking & driver allowance.
- Air & Train fare
- Camera fee at monuments.
- Expense arising out of unexpected circumstances like natural calamities, flight cancellation or delay
- 30 days prior commencement of tour, No cancellation charges.
- 29-10 days prior commencement of tour, 25% of travel cost.
- 09-3 days prior commencement of tour, 50% of travel cost.
- Less than 03 days prior commencement of tour, No Refund.
Beauty of DharamshalaJune 26 2018
I loved the slow and silent life at Dharamshala. It is unspoiled and offers picturesque views. I visited monasteries and prayed in evening. Thanks for a different experience at this trip. I had a great time.
A very mesmerizing experienceApril 24 2018
I found Dharamshala very beautiful, the people were very affectionate and it was a nice trip. The arrangements were quite commendable and I wish to return back soon. Cheers!