Explore the city of dreams, Mumbai along with visiting spellbinding heritage sites- Ajanta and Ellora caves and Elephanta caves. Witness the ancient history and architecture of the colonial buildings in Mumbai, get to see the rock-cut architecture and sculpture art in Elephanta caves and ancient Indian art through the rock-cut Ajanta and Ellora caves in Aurangabad. The Private Mumbai City and Aurangabad Tour with Elephanta, Ajanta and Ellora Caves will surely leave you enthralled in the end.
- Explore the historic city-Mumbai and all the major colonial buildings like Prince of Wales Museum, Bombay High Court, University of Mumbai and Mani Bhawan Gandhi Museum
- Visit the fascinating Ajanta and Ellora caves, showcasing paintings, murals, and carvings from the past
- Spend a day at the Elephanta Caves and look at the Hindu and Buddhist rock-cut sculptures
- Indulge in shopping your favorite items at Colaba Causeway and Crawford Market
- Away from the hustle-bustle, enjoy the ferry ride to Elephanta Caves
Day 01: Arrive Mumbai and Elephanta Caves Excursion
On arrival in Mumbai, you will be picked from the airport and will be driven towards the Gateway of India Ferry Dock to board a ferry that will take you to Elephanta Island. On arrival at the Elephanta Caves, hop on the toy train to reach the foot of the caves. Elephanta Caves are set of two cave groups, five Hindu & two Buddhist caves and the rock-cut cave architecture belongs to 5th -8th century.
Board a ferry and return back to the Gateway of India ferry dock. Enjoy the ferry ride and later you would be transferred to the hotel. Spend the evening at leisure and enjoy an overnight stay at the hotel in Mumbai.
Day 02: Mumbai sightseeing and Flight to Aurangabad
After the breakfast, check out from the hotel and head for the sightseeing tour of Mumbai. Starting with Hanging Gardens, a beautiful garden located in Malabar Hills (an affluent residential area) famous for beautiful sunset views. Visit Mani Bhawan Gandhi Museum, a mansion that was the center of political activities of Mahatma Gandhi and it served as headquarters for around 17 years. The building has a photo exhibition of the Mahatma’s life and some memorabilia like Old Charkha.
Next visit, the Prince of Wales Museum, now called Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Vastu Sangrahalaya to catch a glimpse from outside. The foundation stone was laid in 1905 by Prince of Wales and the building was completed in 1914. The museum has around 50000 artifacts from art, archaeology, natural history, and forestry.
A drive through colonial buildings Mumbai University and High Court of Bombay will take you on an adventurous journey. In the afternoon, you will be transferred to the airport in Mumbai to board the scheduled flight to Aurangabad. On arrival in Aurangabad, you will be picked up from the airport and transferred to the hotel by private air-conditioned car.
Day 03: Ajanta & Ellora Caves and Flight to Mumbai
After a delicious breakfast, check out from the hotel and enjoy the ride towards the Ajanta Caves, it would be a journey of 100 Kms in around 3 hrs. Ajanta Caves are one of the oldest UNESCO World Heritage Site and it is a set of 29 Buddhist caves beautifully treasured in the hills. There are beautiful paintings and carvings the best example of Indian Art. This UNESCO Heritage Site also has huge pillars, Stupas & ceilings with carvings that are beautiful to watch. You will find Buddhist philosophy & religious teachings of the Buddha depicted through paintings & sculptures.
After exploring Ajanta caves, we will head towards the Ellora caves. The drive towards Ellora caves would be 95 Kms in around 2 hrs. Ellora Caves are one of the largest rock-cut monastery temples and are a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It is famous for monuments of Jainism, Buddhism & Hinduism and the Kailasha Temple, the artwork of monolithic single rock excavation. It has 12 Buddhist caves, 5 Jain temples, and 17 Hindu temples.
After the sightseeing, you will be dropped at the airport to board the flight for Mumbai. On arrival in Mumbai, you will be transferred to the hotel by air-conditioned vehicle. Relax overnight at the hotel in Mumbai.
Day 04: Shopping in Mumbai & Departure to Airport
After breakfast, check out from the hotel and be ready for shopping at Crawford Market / Colaba Causeway. These are famous shopping destinations in Mumbai, while Colaba Causeway sells items such as handicrafts, jewelry, crystals, clothes, brass items, the Crawford Market, an old-style market, is famous for selling fruit, vegetables, spices, food, flowers, birds, fish, and other pets.
After a shopping experience, you will be dropped back at the Airport in Mumbai to board the flight.
Note: In case if there are any infants traveling with you, there will be infant charges applicable in domestic flights which will be charged additionally.
- Accommodation at below mentioned/similar hotels in Mumbai and Aurangabad
- Mumbai (2N): The Emerald or similar
- Aurangabad (1N): Keys Select Aures
- Daily breakfast at each hotel
- Airport transfers and sightseeing tours in Mumbai by private car
- Return Ferry Tickets for Elephanta Caves
- Toy Train ride at Elephanta
- Return transfers and sightseeing tours in Aurangabad on private basis
- Services of English speaking tour guide during sightseeing tour at each place
- Entrance fee to Elephanta Island, Prince of Wales Museum and mani Bhawan during sightseeing in Mumbai
- Entrance fee to Ajanta and Ellora Caves in Aurangabad
- All applicable taxes
- Any Air/Train Fare
- Lunch or Dinner
- Expense arising out of unexpected circumstances like natural calamities, flight cancellation or delay
- 30 days prior commencement of tour, No cancellation charges.
- 29-10 day’s prior commencement of tour, 25% of travel cost.
- 10 days prior commencement of tour, 50% of travel cost.
- Less than 09 days prior commencement of tour, No Refund.
- Ajanta Caves remain closed on every Monday, while Ellora Caves remain closed on every Tuesday.
- Elephanta Caves remain closed on Mondays
- Prince of Wales Museum will remain closed on January 26, May 1, August 15, October 2 and public holidays.
- In case if there are any infants traveling with you, there will be infant charges applicable in domestic flights which will be charged additionally.