5 Days Private Darjeeling and Gangtok Tour5
Day 1: Arrival Bagdogra- Darjeeling (93 Kms/ Approx. 3 Hrs)
At the time of your arrival at Bagdogra Airport or NJP Railway Station, you would be met with our representative and transferred to the hotel in Darjeeling by air conditioned vehicle. Relax at the hotel for overnight stay.
Day 2: Darjeeling Sightseeing
Early in the morning, you will be picked up from the hotel and taken for an excursion. Visit Tiger Hill, located on the summit of Ghoom, it is famous for its beautiful and splendid morning sunrise from the peaks of Kanchenjunga. The sunrise illuminates the peak of Kanchenjunga and at Tiger Hill, you can soak in the natural beauty of sunrise and great views.
Visit the Ghoom Monastery, also called the Yiga Choeling Monastery of Ghoom, which is one of the oldest Tibetan Buddhist monasteries in the Darjeeling area. You will get to see a large collection of Buddha’s manuscripts, images of Buddha deities and lamas and not to miss the snow-capped peaks. From the height, the Maitreya Buddha and Batasia Loop – Darjeeling War Memorial are also visible.
Return to the hotel for breakfast and then visit the Himalayan Mountaineering Institute (Thursday closed). It is an organization involved in the promotion of mountaineering, established in 1954. Also, it has a mountaineering museum with a collection of paintings, artifacts and literary works.
Next, visit Himalayan Zoological Park (Thursday closed) and Tibetan Refugee Centre (Sunday closed). You will find high altitude Himalayan animals like Tibetan Wolf, Red Panda, Snow Leopard and some endangered species in the zoo. Visit Tibetan Refugee Centre, which is the residence of many Tibetan refugees and was established in 1959. You will get to see the lives of these refugees working as craftsmen.
Later, enjoy the evening at the Mall road and explore the lanes selling antiques, ethnic clothes, carpets, paintings, accessories and much more. Relax overnight in the hotel.
Day 3: Darjeeling- Gangtok (98 Kms/ Approx. 4 Hrs.)
After the breakfast at the hotel, you will be transferred to Gangtok. Check into the hotel and relax overnight in the hotel.
Day 4: Gangtok Sightseeing
After the breakfast, sightseeing tour of Gangtok will begin. Visit Rumtek Monastery, located on top of the hill, also called as Dharma Chakra Centre is one of the significant monasteries in Sikkim. It gives a beautiful view of Gangtok and it has a shrine temple along with monastery for monks.
Next, stop at Do Drul Chorten is the biggest Stupa in Sikkim and has a golden top dome. It is a major tourist attraction and pilgrims come here to pay homage to the Stupa. Visit Namgyal Institute of Tibetology (closed on Sundays), which is famous for its research in the areas of Tibetan language and culture. You will find a Tibetan Museum, a Tibetan Library with a huge collection of artifacts, sculptures, and other structures.
Explore the Government Institute of Cottage Industry that will give you a tour of skills of local craftsman and various souvenirs made out of natural products.
Later, visit Enchey Monastery, which is approx. 200 years old which belongs to the Nyingma order of Vajrayana Buddhism. It houses 90 monks and many images of deities. Return to the hotel for overnight stay.
Day 5: Gangtok- Bagdogra Airport (125 Kms/ Approx. 5 Hrs)
After the breakfast, you will be dropped at Bagdogra Airport / NJP Railway Station to board your flight or train for onward destination.
- 4 Nights Accommodation in as per hotels: Sinclair Hotel in Darjeeling/ Central Shangrila Resort in Gangtok or Similar category of hotels
- 2 Nights at Darjeeling & 2 Nights at Gangtok
- Daily Breakfast at Hotels
- All Transfers & Sightseeing by Private air condition Vehicle
- Sightseeing with English speaking tour guide
- Monuments entrance fee
- Mineral water during sightseeing tours
- All taxes and service charges
- Air/ Train fare
- Camera fee at monuments
- Expense arising out of unexpected circumstances like natural calamities, flight cancellation or delay
- Anything except inclusions
- Picturesque mountain, Kanchenjunga amidst green tea plantations makes the trip worthwhile
- Spend quality time at Tiger Hill in the early morning and get the view of Snowpeak
- Enjoy a day in Gangtok, visiting monasteries, Namgyal Institute of Tibetology, Government Institute of Cottage Industry located at beautiful locations
- With beautiful view points, ancient monasteries and rich culture, Darjeeling and Gangtok will surely leave you mesmerized at the end of the trip.
Payment & Cancellation Policy:-
- 50% Payment require at the time of confirmation.
- 30 days prior commencement of tour, No cancellation charges
- 29-10 days prior commencement of tour, 25% of travel cost.
- 09-3 days prior commencement of tour, 50% of travel cost.
- Less than 03 days prior commencement of tour, No Refund.
- Tempo Traveler cant be use for Local sightseeing in Darjeeling, thus we would provide 2 AC Innova for the same.
- Small Supplement cost would be applicable for Darjeeling Hotel duing May'18 & June'18
- There are limited number of Tempo Traveler available in this region which is subject to availability at the time of booking.
- Visit to Tiger Hill or Ghoom Monastery would be provided by Jeep
- Pavilion at Tiger Hill is under renovation, which will take at least 1 year to becompleted.
Book This Tour
Similar Tour Options
4 Days Private Darjeeling Tour
- USD 258 Per Person
- 3 Nights/ 4 DaysDuration
5 Days Private Darjeeling and Gangtok Tour
- USD 328 Per Person
- 4 Nights/ 5 DaysDuration