Want to have a glimpse of beautiful past of Kolkata? If yes, then go on this Bansberia, Chandannagar and Hooghly Heritage day tour. This day excursion will be of 9 hours. The attractions covered would include temples of AnantaVasudeva and Hangseswari at Bansberai. Bandel Church and Hooghly Imambara on the Hooghly Heritage Tour. Furthermore at Chandannagar Day Tour, you will explore the Chandannagar Strand, Chandannagar Museum and Institute, the Sacred Heart Church, the Nandadulal Temple and would go through the residences of famous personalities such as Rash Behari Bose, KanailalDatta and Sri Harihar Sett, a great social reformer.
- Wonderful architectures of AnantaVasudeva and Hangseswari at Bansberai.
- Explore the past by a visit to Bandel Church and Hooghly Imambara.
- Savour the beauty of Chandannagar Strand.
- Pass through the homes of prominent reformers.
- Step back in time with the interesting tales of a local guide.
The Bansberia day tour starts at 8:00 am. You will be received from the hotel. From here, you will be driven to Bansberai which is around 2 hrs drive from Kolkata. On reaching Bansberai, head towards the temples of AnantaVasudeva and Hangseswari. The marvel of the acrhitectures of these two temples will be a memorable sight for you. The Hangseswari temple has thirteen minars shaped like a lotus bud.
The next destination on your tour will be Hooghly Chinsurah. The Chinsurah day tour will start after a drive of around 40 minutes from Bansberai. On this Hooghly Heritage Tour visit places of historical importance such as Bandel Church and Hooghly Imambara. The Bandel church, on this Bandel Day Tour, takes you to the oldest Christain churches in West Bengal. Hooghly Imambara is a mosque cum Imambara in Hooghly. Visit to these places will give a glimpse about the fascinating past of Kolkata.
Now, proceed towards Chandannagar which will take around 40 minutes by car. This was created as a French colony and was once the main hub for European commernce in Bengal. On this Chandannagar day tour explore Chandannagar Strand, a beautiful tourist spot on the banks of Ganga river. This tour is dotted with other attractions such as Chandannagar Museum and Institute, the Sacred Heart Church, the Nandadulal Temple and the Residences of famous personalities such as Rash Behari Bose, KanailalDatta and Sri Harihar Sett, a great social reformer. Post tour completion, head back towards the hotel.
- Hotel Pick up and drop by Air conditioned Private Car
- English speaking Tour Guide
- Lunch at Local restaurant in Chandannagar
- Entrance fee to monuments
- Mineral Water
- All taxes
- Hotel accommdoation
- Meals or Beverages other than specified in program
- Expense arising out of unexpected circumstances like natural calamities, flight cancellation or delay
Important: Chandannagar monuments remain closed on Thursdays, Saturdays and Public Holidays.
- 30 days prior commencement of tour, No cancellation charges.
- 29-10 days prior commencement of tour, 25% of travel cost.
- 09-03 days prior commencement of tour, 50% of travel cost.
- Less than 03 days prior commencement of tour, No Refund.