Bishnoi Village is popular amongst the tourists because of the sacrifice made by the inhabitants of the village. Long time ago, in a fight against the Maharaja of Jodhpur the locals of this village gave up their lives for saving the trees. If you want to know more about this tale, then head towards this village located in Jodhpur. The Bishnoi Village safari is a same day trip telling you more about the craftsmanship, wildlife and culture of these Bishnoi tribes.
- Learn about the culture, craftsmanship and wildlife of Bishnoi tribes.
- Art enthusiasts, here’s an opportunity to engage with the potters and block printing of Kakani village in an altogether new way.
- Spot a wildlife animal and local families in Gudha Village.
- Explore the Mehrangarh Fort and Jaswant Thada in Jodhpur.
- An experienced local guide well-versed with the village.
The Bishnoi Village Safari will start in the morning at 8:00 am. You will be received by the jeep from your hotel or airport or railway station in Jodhpur. The Bishnoi Village Safari will drive you towards the Bishnoi villages. The tribe follows a set of 29 rules drafted by Jambhaji, the guru and founder of Bishnois. Their popularity belongs to the fact that they sacrificed lives to save trees against Maharaja of Jodphur. The love Bishnoi’s have for nature attracts tourists to this village.
This visit to Bishnoi will be accompanied by your visit to Kakani, a village of potters and block printing. From here on, proceed towards Gudha village wherein you can spot wildlife animal and local families. Post this tour, return towards Jodhpur and have a lunch at a city’s local restaurant. This is accompanied by a visit to the Clock Tower. From here, move towards Mehrangarh Fort and Jaswant Thada. Around 5:30 in the evening, the tour will come to an end. You will be dropped back at the hotel.
- Services of an English speaking local Bishnoi tour guide during village safari
- Transportation by Jeep to and fro your hotel in Jodhpur
- Visit to Bishnoi villages and local family homes
- Traditional Rajasthani Lunch
- Bottled Mineral water
- All applicable taxes
- Hotel accommodation
- Expense arising out of unexpected circumstances like natural calamities, flight cancellation or delay.
- 30 days prior commencement of tour, No cancellation charges
- 29-10 days prior commencement of tour, 25% of travel cost
- 09-03 days prior commencement of tour, 50% of travel cost
- Less than 03 days prior commencement of tour, No Refund
Wonderful tripMay 01 2018
It was an interesting trip learning about the society of Bishnoi tribe. They are lovely people with a protective attitude towards nature and animals there.