Food is the greatest pleasures on earth for Bengalis, the native of Kolkata. Known as food lovers, Bengalis take a lot of pride in their cuisine. The entire process of cooking is done with a lot of thought and love. In Bengali’s kitchen, the centre of attraction is its spices, mouth watering flavours and the exotic aroma of the food. The varieties of rice, fishes, pluses and chutneys make it a cuisine that is worth learning for. The ones not to miss are the Bengali sweets. In Bengali cuisine, the two major influences are foreign and pan-Indian. The cuisine is one coated in the influence of Nawabs and Europeans. The chops and cutlets served in Bengali households take their roots from the British culture. Want to learn Bengali Cuisine? If yes, then take this Culinary Tour in Kolkata to understand the richness of the Bengali cuisine.
- Meet a local Bengali family, interact and learn more about their culture.
- An interactive cooking session followed by a sumptuous lunch
- An accompanying guide and private car for hotel pick up and drop
This Culinary Tour with Local Family will start when our guide will meet you at the hotel lobby. From there, you will be driven to a Bengali house wherein the cooking demonstration will be held.
On your arrival, you will be welcomed with an Aarti, tika and floral garlanding. This traditional welcome will be accompanied with a hot cup of tea or a coffee.
Over a cup of coffee, you will be introduced to the dish you have selected for learning. You will learn about the ingredients, spices and the basic cooking process.
After the cooking process gets over. You can enjoy your delicious creation with other dishes pre-cooked by the house wives.
On this Bengali Culinary Tour, you will learn about the Bengali culture, tradition and their food habits.
Post lunch, bid goodbye to the host family and head towards the hotel.
- Private car for hotel pick up and drop in Kolkata
- English sepaking tour guide to assist you in this tour
- An interactive cooking session with local family in Kolkata
- Sumptous Lunch with your local host
- All applicable taxes
- Hotel Accommodation
- Visit to tourist sites
- Any drinks/ beverages
- Expense arising out of unexpected circumstances like natural calamities, flight cancellation or delay
- Purpose of this tour is to make you understand the cuisine culture of Bengal in a more authentic way and should not be treated / highlighted as a professional cooking class.
- You will be accompanied by a guide who will fill up the communication gap, if any.
- Serving or consuming alcohol will not be possible during demo & lunch.
- Please inform in advance if you have any sort of allergy.
- 30 days prior commencement of tour, No cancellation charges.
- 29-10 days prior commencement of tour, 25% of travel cost.
- 09-03 days prior commencement of tour, 50% of travel cost.
- Less than 03 days prior commencement of tour, No Refund.
Memorable and fun experienceApril 04 2018
The family was very hospitable and we learned cooking bengali dish. It was great experience to spend time with them.