Day Excursion Ancient Temples of Belur Halebeedu and Shravanabelagola4
Early in the morning around 6:30 Am, our representative with chauffeur will pick you up from the hotel towards Yediyur village for the Day Excursion Ancient Temples of Belur Halebid and Shravanabelagola where you enjoy breakfast in a local restaurant.
Further, leave for the Shravanbelagola, preeminent for the 57 feet tall statue of Lord Gomateswara ‘Lord of Love’, World’s tallest imposing stone statue. This place is the renowned pilgrimage for Jains. You can reach this statue of more than 1000 years old after climbing up of 700 steps. This place also has two ponds, eight small and big temples of Hindu gods, four mandaps and several engravings. Bahubali is a believer of repudiation, self-restraint, and subjugation.
Afterward, have a delicious lunch at a local restaurant and then, drive to Belur which is located in Hassan district. After the drive of around 2 hours, you will reach to the Chennakeshava temple, constructed on the bank of the river Yagachi. This temple is an ultimate piece of Hoysala architecture and took 103 years to complete and devoted to the Hindu Lord Vishnu. The walls, gateways, and pillars all are engraved with sumptuous sculptures and images from the Hindu epics.
Subsequently, we will take you to the ‘Halebeedu’ means ‘ruined city’, smashed by Mughals twice. The temple area has two Lord Shiva temples named, the Hoysaleswara and the Kedareswara and two Jain temples. The walls of the temples are entirely embossed with images of Vishnu, Arjuna, Varahi, Elephants, Ganesha,Vamana and much more.
Finally, this Day tour to Ancient Temples of Belur Halebid and Shravanabelagola ends with dropping you back to the Bangalore hotel.
- Service of English Speaking Guide.
- Entry Fee of all Places and Temples.
- Transfer by Private AC Car (Both way).
- Mineral water during the trip.
- One breakfast & Lunch in Local south Indian Type Restaurant.
- All taxes and service charges.
- Air or train fare
- Camera fee at monuments
- Expense arising out of unexpected circumstances like natural calamities, flight cancellation or delay.
- Take a glimpse of the Asia’s tallest monolithic stone statue of Gomateshwara at Shravanabelagola.
- Explore and appreciate the Hoysala architectural design of the Chennakeshava temple in Belur.
- Enjoy the extravagantly sculptured figures from the Hindu epics.
- Enjoy Local mouthwatering lunch.
Payment & Cancellation Policy
- 30 days prior commencement of tour, No cancellation charges.
- 29-10 days prior commencement of tour, 25% of travel cost.
- 09-3 days prior commencement of tour, 50% of travel cost.
- Less than 03 days prior commencement of tour, No Refund.
Harry LafnearAugust 13 2018
You already know the temples where all astonishing feats of ancient genius, so I'll talk about the other stuff. The driver was terrific: friendly and enthusiastic, and adept in navigating Indian traffic--which, trust me, is fascinating all in itself. Our first stop was for traditional India breakfast in a popular roadside restaurant: clean and delicious, and just as importantly, plenty of fuel for the exercise to come. The temple of Shravenabelagola is a climb of over 700 shallow steps. As it is a holy place, you must leave your shoes at a stall. Same goes for the other temples you'll visit, so bring sandals or slip-ons. Also, keep handy a selection of small-denomination rupee coins or bills for the shoe minders, and also for polite temple donations. It was a wonderful experience. I made plenty of friends, and the pictures I took were extraordinarily popular with Facebook folks back home.
CARPENTERMay 22 2018
We went to the temple while returning from Chikamaglur to Bangalore and did not expect the temple to be so good. The work on the walls/roof of the temple is just awesome. It is very intricate which left us wondering on how it would have been done. It was very good experience.