Elephanta Island is a major tourist attraction owing to its primitive cave temples dating back to the 7th century. This Elephanta Island tour package will make for a fun-filled full day excursion to the Elephanta Caves. You will enjoy a fascinating speedboat experience along with exploring the intricately carved caves that will give you a glimpse of the glorious art of the bygone days.
- Explore the 7th century rock art of Elephanta caves
- A thrilling speedboat ride to Elephanta Island
- Special entry through VIP Jetty gate
- A scrumptious lunch to enhance the experience
Our driver along with the tour guide will pick you up from the hotel lobby at 9:00 am to take you on the tour to Elephanta Island. On reaching the Gateway of India pier, you will board the speedboat through a special VIP Jetty gate at around 9:30 am, saving you the trouble of long queues. After a 20 minutes long speedboat ride across the Mumbai Harbour, you will reach the magnificent Elephanta Island.
You will be accompanied by our skilled tour guide who will help you explore the famous Elephanta Caves which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. This Elephanta Island tour and transfer package will reach its highpoint when you visit the primitive rock-cut caves and see the beautiful amalgamation of Buddhist and Hindu art and culture in its famous carvings dedicated to lord Shiva and dilapidated yet valuable remains of Buddhist stupas and water tanks.
After exploring the caves for 2 hours, we will head back to the Gateway of India pier in a speedboat followed by a delicious lunch. After filling your belly with a hearty meal, this Elephanta Island tour with lunch will come to an end and we will drop you back to your hotel.
Note: - Elephanta Island tour package will not be functional on Monday since the Elephanta Caves remain closed that day.
- Transfer from hotel to Pier/Jetty and back to the hotel by AC car.
- Both ways transfer in a speed boat on a shared basis.
- English speaking tour guide.
- Fixed menu, lunch in a good Restaurant.
- Entrance fees to the monuments.
- Toy train ride on Elephanta Island.
- Gram Panchayat Tax.
- All other Taxes and service Fee.
- Any additional service not mentioned above.
- Any deviation from the above existing route.
- 30 days prior commencement of tour, No cancellation charges.
- 29-10 days prior commencement of tour, 25% of travel cost.
- 09-3 days prior commencement of tour, 50% of travel cost.
- Less than 03 days prior commencement of tour, No Refund.
Due to high tide or bad weather conditions, tour may be cancelled. In case of such unforeseen circumstances you will either get a refund or the tour will be postponed for the next day, depending on your choice. You may also opt for a tour to Kanheri Caves in case Elephanta tour remains cancelled.
In case of Naval movements around the port, VIP facilities may not be functional. In that case, the above mentioned options remain available.
Elephanta island tour with IndiatorSeptember 27 2019
Booking an Elephanta island tour with Indiator was an added benefit. The ride in luxury boat reduced the one hour boat ride to the Elephant Caves to 20 minutes. It is the best service ever provided by a travel company.