During this Full Day Mumbai Tour, you will have the real experience of taking a local train ride with the Dabbawalas. On this Dabbawala Tour, you will see how the Dabbawalas feed around 2,00,000 Mumbaikars daily. With this, you will be taken to significant museums, tourist hubs, historic buildings and open-air laundry.
- Know more about the way Dabbawala in Mumbai works.
- Visit Dhobi Ghat, Mumbai’s open-air laundry.
- Explore the significant museums, tourist hubs and historic buildings.
- A local English speaking guide
- An air-conditioned car on a private basis
The Mumbai Tour with Dabbawala will start at 10:00 am, the driver would receive you from the hotel. Then you will head towards the Churchgate Station wherein you will board a local train in Mumbai. Travel in first class compartment and deboard the train at Mahalaxmi station. Here, you see the Dabbawalas disembarking the train, sorting out the lunch boxes based on area wise markings. Its an excellent arrangement of the boxes to be delivered to the right place at the right time. You would further be escorted towards Dhobi Ghat which is an interesting open air laundry place wherein thousands of wahsermen wash cloths daily.
In the afternoon, take a tour of Mumbai’s main attractions including Prince of Wales Museum and Gateway of India. Drive past the old colonial buildings like Victoria Terminus, Mumbai University and Rajabai Clock Tower. Later on, spend some time at Marine Drive, drive past Chowpatty Beach, explore the Parsi Towers of silence, Malabar Hills and visit Gandhi’s museum known as Mani Bhawan. In the evening, the driver would drop you back at the hotel.
- Services of a local English speaking tour guide during Mumbai sightseeing
- Transportation by an air-conditioned chauffeur driven car on a private basis
- Train tickets from Churchgate to Mahalaxmi Station in First Class compartment
- Entrance fee to all monuments during the sightseeing tour
- Bottled Mineral water
- All applicable taxes
- Hotel accommodation
- Expense arising out of unexpected circumstances like natural calamities, flight cancellation or delay
Note: Dabbawala Tours are not operated on Sundays and major religious/ national holidays.
- 30 days prior commencement of tour, No cancellation charges.
- 29-10 days prior commencement of tour, 25% of travel cost.
- 09-03 days prior commencement of tour, 50% of travel cost.
- Less than 03 days prior commencement of tour, No Refund.
A somewhat offbeat tourMay 01 2018
Had a nice day with the Dabbawalas. It was amazing to see how the dabbawalas in Mumbai deliver lunch at such a huge scale. The experience of traveling in Mumbai railways a unique experience for me. The Dhobi Ghat was another wonderous site to go for.
Enjoyed my Trip to MumbaiMay 01 2018
We really enjoyed our tour. Our guide and driver were both enthusiastic and helpful; the itinerary was just right for us and the guide was prepared to be flexible to reflect our needs. We learned a lot about Mumbai, and want to come back to India, so we will be in touch .