Get up close and personal with the locals by being a part of the routine life of the Dabbawalas of Mumbai! In this exciting Mumbai city tour with dabbawalas, you will accompany the Dabbawalas on a local train journey and see them live in action, arranging lunch-boxes for over 200000 clients. That’s not all! You will also go on exploring the fascinating sites of the city like Dhobi Ghat, Prince of Wales Museum, and Gateway of India, followed by a sightseeing tour of Victoria terminus, Mumbai University, Rajabhai Clock Tower, Marine Drive, Chowpatty Beach, Malabar Hills, and the historical Mani Bhawan.
- Witness the daily activities of Dabbawala in Mumbai.
- Visit Dhobi Ghat, Mumbai’s open-air laundry.
- Explore the significant museums, tourist hubs, and historic buildings.
- A local English speaking guide.
The Mumbai Tour with Dabbawala will start at 10:00 am, the driver would receive you from the hotel. Then you will head towards the Churchgate Station wherein you will board a local train in Mumbai. Travel in the first-class compartment and de-board the train at Mahalaxmi station. Here, you will get to see the Dabbawalas disembarking the train, sorting out the lunch boxes based on area wise markings for the delivery to the right place at the right time. You would further be escorted towards Dhobi Ghat which is an open-air laundry place wherein thousands of washermen wash clothes daily.
In the afternoon, take a tour of Mumbai’s main attractions including Prince of Wales Museum and Gateway of India. Drive past the old colonial buildings like Victoria Terminus, Mumbai University and Rajabai Clock Tower. Later on, spend some time at Marine Drive, drive past Chowpatty Beach, explore the Parsi Towers of silence, Malabar Hills and visit Gandhi’s museum known as Mani Bhawan. In the evening, the driver would drop you back at the hotel.
Note: Dabbawala Tours are not operationanl on Sundays and major religious/ national holidays.
- Local English speaking tour guide during Mumbai sightseeing.
- Transportation by an air-conditioned chauffeur driven car on a private basis.
- Train tickets from Churchgate to Mahalaxmi Station in First Class compartment.
- Entrance fee to all monuments during the sightseeing tour
- Bottled Mineral water
- All applicable taxes
- Hotel accommodation
- Expense arising out of unexpected circumstances like natural calamities, flight cancellation or delay
Note: Dabbawala Tours are not operated on Sundays and major religious/ national holidays.
- 30 days prior commencement of tour, No cancellation charges.
- 29-10 days prior commencement of tour, 25% of travel cost.
- 09-03 days prior commencement of tour, 50% of travel cost.
- Less than 03 days prior commencement of tour, No Refund.
Mumbai Dabbawala tourOctober 01 2019
What a learning moment it was for me and my husband on this Mumbai Dabbawala tour. A tour operator for Indiataor only suggested us to choose this and made sure we get to see that part of Mumbai, which is known to lesser people.
A somewhat offbeat tourMay 01 2018
Had a nice day with the Dabbawalas. It was amazing to see how the dabbawalas in Mumbai deliver lunch at such a huge scale. The experience of traveling in Mumbai railways a unique experience for me. The Dhobi Ghat was another wonderous site to go for.
Enjoyed my Trip to MumbaiMay 01 2018
We really enjoyed our tour. Our guide and driver were both enthusiastic and helpful; the itinerary was just right for us and the guide was prepared to be flexible to reflect our needs. We learned a lot about Mumbai, and want to come back to India, so we will be in touch .