Full Day Mumbai City Tour with Dabbawalas on Private Basis13
The Mumbai Tour with Dabbawala will start at 10:00 am, the driver would receive you from the hotel. Then you will head towards the Churchgate Station wherein you will board a local train in Mumbai. Travel in the first-class compartment and de-board the train at Mahalaxmi station. Here, you will get to see the Dabbawalas disembarking the train, sorting out the lunch boxes based on area wise markings for the delivery to the right place at the right time. You would further be escorted towards Dhobi Ghat which is an open-air laundry place wherein thousands of washermen wash clothes daily.
In the afternoon, take a tour of Mumbai’s main attractions including Prince of Wales Museum and Gateway of India. Drive past the old colonial buildings like Victoria Terminus, Mumbai University and Rajabai Clock Tower. Later on, spend some time at Marine Drive, drive past Chowpatty Beach, explore the Parsi Towers of silence, Malabar Hills and visit Gandhi’s museum known as Mani Bhawan. In the evening, the driver would drop you back at the hotel.
Note: Dabbawala Tours are not operationanl on Sundays and major religious/ national holidays.
- Local English speaking tour guide during Mumbai sightseeing.
- Transportation by an air-conditioned chauffeur driven car on a private basis.
- Train tickets from Churchgate to Mahalaxmi Station in First Class compartment.
- Entrance fee to all monuments during the sightseeing tour
- Bottled Mineral water
- All applicable taxes
- Hotel accommodation
- Expense arising out of unexpected circumstances like natural calamities, flight cancellation or delay
- Witness the daily activities of Dabbawala in Mumbai.
- Visit Dhobi Ghat, Mumbai’s open-air laundry.
- Explore the significant museums, tourist hubs, and historic buildings.
- A local English speaking guide.
Note: Dabbawala Tours are not operated on Sundays and major religious/ national holidays.
- 30 days prior commencement of tour, No cancellation charges.
- 29-10 days prior commencement of tour, 25% of travel cost.
- 09-03 days prior commencement of tour, 50% of travel cost.
- Less than 03 days prior commencement of tour, No Refund.
AvaOctober 08 2019
Dabbawala is probably the only Hindi word that I learnt from this tour :p Seriously, I had a great time. Very entertaining mix of things. Travelling on a local train and seeing the dabbawalas work was strangely thrilling and visiting the beautiful sites of Mumbai later on completed the tour.
NoahOctober 06 2019
Well designed tour
It was a unique tour which is why I booked it and was looking forward to it. At the end of it I can say that it was everything I had hoped for or maybe more. I never travelled with the dabbawalas so this was once in a lifetime experience. Thank you Indiator.
PeterMay 01 2018
A somewhat offbeat tour
Had a nice day with the Dabbawalas. It was amazing to see how the dabbawalas in Mumbai deliver lunch at such a huge scale. The experience of traveling in Mumbai railways a unique experience for me. The Dhobi Ghat was another wonderous site to go for.
Martin ClarkeMay 01 2018
Enjoyed my Trip to Mumbai
We really enjoyed our tour. Our guide and driver were both enthusiastic and helpful; the itinerary was just right for us and the guide was prepared to be flexible to reflect our needs. We learned a lot about Mumbai, and want to come back to India, so we will be in touch .
Book This Tour
Similar Tour Options
- USD 30 Per Person
- 4 hoursDuration
- USD 63 Per Person
- 6 to 8 hoursDuration