Shanti Niketan is a symbol of peace beyond chaos. Head out to this meditation center in Kolkata for immense peace and knowledge. It was founded in 1863 by Maharishi Debendranath Tagore. Later on, expansion was made by Rabindranath Tagore, a renowned English poet. If you chat up locals in Shanti Niektan, they will tell you about the cultural importance this university has in Kolkata. If you also want to delve into the art and culture of Kolkata, then do take this Shanti Niketan tour.
- Explore the peaceful abode of Rabindranath Tagore
- See major attractions such as Kala Bhavan, Uttarayan Complex and SangeetBhawan on this Shantiniketan Day Excursion.
- A local guide on this full day excursion to Shantiniketan.
- Warm lunch on Shantiniketan Excursion awaits you.
Post breakfast at the hotel, the Shantiniketan Day Trip is started. The drive to Shanitniketan, is followed by a lunch at a pre-determined place. After your lunch, you will visit the Univesritly of Campus and Sriniketan. The key attractions in Shantiniketan Day Excursion include the following:
- The VishwaBharati University Campus
- China Bhawan, house of books, archives and manuscripts
- Chhatimtala, place where MaharshiDevendranath, the father of Rabindranath Tagore, used to meditate
- Kala Bhavan, showcase sculptures by Ramkinkar Baij and Somenath Hore.
- PathaBhavan, fresco painting by Nandalal Bose
- Bichitra, a Research Centre and Museum, where the poet's personal belongings, paintings & different editions of his works are exhibited
- SangeetBhawan, college of dance and music
- Uttarayan Complex, Rabindaranath lived and worked in the Northern Complex comprising several buildings such as Udayana, Konarka, Shyamali, Punascha and Udichi
- Sriniketan, the Institute of rural reconstruction was founded in 1922 at Surul which is based around three kilometers from Shantiniketan
On completion of this tour, you would drive back to Kolkata and the driver would drop you off at your hotel.
- Land Transportation by an Air conditioned car on private basis with pick up and drop to and fro the hotel in Kolkata
- English speaking local Tour Guide
- Entrance fee to all monuments and museums
- Rickshaw ride during the local visits at Shantiniketan
- Lunch at Tourist Lodge/Local restaurant
- Mineral Water
- All taxes
- Hotel accommodation
- Meals or Beverages other than specified in program
- Expense arising out of unexpected circumstances like natural calamities, flight cancellation or delay
- The tour is not operated on Wednesdays and Thursdays.
- Photography is restricted at Tagore Museum
- 30 days prior commencement of tour, No cancellation charges.
- 29-10 days prior commencement of tour, 25% of travel cost.
- 09-03 days prior commencement of tour, 50% of travel cost.
- Less than 03 days prior commencement of tour, No Refund.
A tour close to my heartJuly 10 2018
Being a fan of Rabindranath Tagore, I always wanted to visit Shanti Niketan. Visiting the abode of Rabindranath Tagore was an experience close to my heart. Watching the place I have read so much about was an altogether different experience.