Half Day Private Tour of Dabbawalas and Dhobi Ghat in Mumbai1
The Half Day Dabbawala Tour would start at 10:00 am in the morning. You will be received from the Hotels porch by an air-conditioned car. The car will drive you to the Churchgate Railway Station. An English speaking guide well-versed with the places will accompany you on this journey. The first thing you will see is the Dabbawalas disembarking the Dabbas in the wooden cart from the train.
At 10:30 am in the morning, you will be taken near to the ticket counters to witness the commotion of Mumbai locals. Post this, travel in the first-class compartment. At 11:00 am, you will reach Mahalaxmi Railway Station. This spot is a hub for many corporate offices where most of the Dabba Walas get down. At this station, the tiffin boxes are sorted out based on the markings and are ready to deliver.
Then later proceed for a visit of Dhobi Ghat, Mumbai’s Open Air Laundry in a company of the travel guide. At the end of the Mumbai, tour get dropped back to your hotel.
- Transport using Air-conditioned Vehicle on a private basis
- English Speaking Tour Guide as per program
- Train Tickets in Ist Class compartment for Churchgate to Mahalaxmi Train Station
- Guided visit to Dhobi Ghat in Mumbai
- Hotel accommodation
- Expense arising out of unexpected circumstances like natural calamities, flight cancellation or delay.
- See the lifelines of Mumbai live in action
- Witness the world-famous lunch-box delivery network of the Dabbawalas
- Explore Dhobi Ghat- the largest open-air laundry in the world
- Get accompanied by English-speaking guides for an informative tour
Note: Dabbawala Tours are not operated on Sundays and major religious/ national holidays.
- 30 days prior commencement of tour, No cancellation charges.
- 29-10 days prior commencement of tour, 25% of travel cost.
- 09-03 days prior commencement of tour, 50% of travel cost.
- Less than 03 days prior commencement of tour, No Refund.