The Dabbawala system along with Dhobi Ghat are the two unique points of Mumbai’s culture. Daily somewhat 5,000 of Dabbawalas deliver food to around 2,00,000 Mumbaikars. Also, around 7,000 washermen wash cloths the traditional way, 20 hours a day, at Dhobi Ghat. That too in times when smart washing machines are replacing even the traditional ones. To know more about this, go for this Dabbawala Day Tour.
- See how Mumbai’s famous Dabbawalas satisfy the hunger of around 2,00,00 Mumbaikar.
- Witness thousands of washermen washing cloths the traditional way in the era when smart washing machines are becoming a new trend.
- An English speaking guide giving detailed information about Mumbai’s Dabbawala system and Dhobi Ghat.
- A private air-conditioned car for pick up and drop to your hotel.
The Half Day Dabbawala Tour would start at 10:00 am in the morning. You will be received from the Hotel's porch by an air- conditioned car. The car will drive you to the Churchgate Railway Station. An English speaking guide well-versed with the places will accompany you on this journey. The first thing you will see is the Dabbawalas disembarking the Dabbas in the wooden cart from the train.
At 10:30 am in the morning, you will be taken near to the ticket counters. See how Mumbai locals stand in line for getting tickets. Post this, travel in the first class compartment of local train from South to North Mumbai. The local train will escort you to the Mahalaxmi Station. Do note that you will be travelling at the time of less crowd.
At 11:00 am, you will reach Mahalaxmi Railway Station. This is the spot where most of the Dabba Walas get down. This is because the place is a hub for many corporate offices. At this station, the tiffin boxes are sorted out based on the markings which are done on an area basis.
At 12:00 am, you will proceed for to visit interesting Dhobi Ghat, Mumbai’s Open Air Laundry. Here, you will see 7,000 washermen washing cloths the traditional way and that too in times of smart washing machines.
At 12:45 pm, this exciting Dabbawala and Dhobi Ghat Tour will come to an end. The car will drop you back to your hotel.
- Transport using Air-conditioned Vehicle on private basis
- English Speaking Tour Guide as per program
- Train Tickets in Ist Class compartment for Churchgate to Mahalaxmi Train Station
- Guided visit to Dhobi Ghat in Mumbai
- Hotel accommodation
- Expense arising out of unexpected circumstances like natural calamities, flight cancellation or delay.
Note: Dabbawala Tours are not operated on Sundays and major religious/ national holidays.
- 30 days prior commencement of tour, No cancellation charges.
- 29-10 days prior commencement of tour, 25% of travel cost.
- 09-03 days prior commencement of tour, 50% of travel cost.
- Less than 03 days prior commencement of tour, No Refund.