Jodhpur is best experienced with a visit to Mehrangarh Fort & Jaswant Thada. The Mehrangarh Fort is a living example of the wonderful taste of Maharaja Gaj Singh II. The grand view of Mehrangarh Fort the moment you step down from your car is a sight worth going for. Its gigantic walls, impressive courtyards and intricate carvings will certainly take you back in time. The Jodhpur Half Day Tour will take you to yet another attraction of Jodhpur, the Jaswant Thada. It is a cenotaph of the former Maharaja of Jodhpur. Here, a beautiful sight of the marble tomb, made in the memory of Maharaja Jaswant Singh II, awaits you. The tomb glows beautifully when the sunlight falls on its surface. The place is a peaceful spot to visit.
- Explore the wonderful taste of Maharaja Gaj Singh II at Mehrangarh Fort.
- Visit Jaswant Thada a historic building of Jodhpur.
- Know more about the city from your local guide.
- A warm lunch in the company of your fellow travelers.
This Half day Mehrangarh Fort & Jaswant Thada tour will start at 9:00 am. The tour guide will meet you at the hotel taking you on a journey of exploring the real Jodhpur. The first attraction on the tour is the Mehrangarh Fort. Rudyard Kipling, a famous story-writer, has described the fort as a “Palace that might have been built by Titans and colored by the morning sun”. You might feel the same when you would visit this beautiful fort in Jodhpur. The sights of the gigantic walls, large courtyards, museums and unforgettable art of the Rajput era will truly inspire you. The fort has a great museum that will show up the antiquities of the old times taking you to the bygone era. A visit to this fort will tell you more about Maharaja Gaj Singh II, Rajput’s architecture and stories related to the history of Jodhpur.
The Half day city tour Meharangarh fort also includes a visit to Jaswant Thada. A cremation ground for the royal family of Marwar. This peaceful spot houses a beautiful tomb made out of marble. This was made in the memory of Maharaja Jaswant Singh II. The marble tomb emits glow when the sun beams fall on its surface making it a must visit in Jodhpur.
After visiting the two main attractions of Jodhpur, head towards a restaurant in Jodhpur. Here, enjoy some heart-filled conversations with your fellow beings. When the lunch would get over, you will head back to the hotel.
- Services of a local English speaking tour guide
- Transportation by an air-conditioned chauffeur driven car on a private basis
- Lunch at a city restaurant with thematic ambience
- Entrance fee to Mehrangarh Fort and Jaswant Thada
- Elevator tickets at Mehrangarh
- Bottled Mineral water
- All applicable taxes
- Hotel accommodation
- Expense arising out of unexpected circumstances like natural calamities, flight cancellation or delay
- 30 days prior commencement of tour, No cancellation charges
- 29-10 days prior commencement of tour, 25% of travel cost
- 09-03 days prior commencement of tour, 50% of travel cost
- Less than 03 days prior commencement of tour, No Refund
Everything was perfectMay 01 2018
Both driver and guide very polite and knowledgeable! Everything was perfect! Highly recommended!
Beautiful architecture and delicious foodDecember 01 2017
The fort was worth visiting and looked like a gem indeed from the glorious history of India. The restaurant chosen by indiator was appreciable. I loved it!