Half Day Tour of Sarnath with Private Transfers0
On the day of Sarnath half day tour, you will be picked up from the hotel in Varanasi at 11:00 am. Embark on a tour to Sarnath in a chauffeur driven air-conditioned car. Located at the distance of 10 Kms from Varansi, Sarnath is the eminent site for Buddhist tour. It is where Lord Buddha initiated his first sermon.
Start your sightseeing tour by visiting Dhameka Stupa, which is honored for being the spot where Buddha preached his first message. Built by Maurya King Ashoka, Dhamek Stupa is located inside the deer park. Engraved with the distinct architecture pattern the stupa abides with special significance for pious Buddhist tourist.
As you enter Sarnath the first monument you will witness is Chaukhandi, which is Prominent among the tourist. It is a monument worth visit while on Buddhist tour, that lies on the way to the famous Deer Park. The stupa was built to commemorate the spot where Buddha reunified with his five allies who had left him at Bodhgaya.
Discover the Sarnath Archeological Museum that houses finest specimens of Buddhist art and splendid collection of Buddhist artifacts. Other than that the museum showcases beautiful sculpture of the Buddha from the fifth century. Also, worth exploring are several beautiful figures of the bodhisattvas.
Then visit Ashoka pillar, which is a testament to the first visit of Ashoka to Sarnath. The pillar has the gorgeous 4 lion emblem back to back, which is now renowned as the official motif of India.
Later proceed for Mulagandhakuti Vihara, which is a modern day monastery set amongst the scenic gardens. On reaching there, admire the remarkable Buddhist architecture, enthralling frescoes, while you listen to the Buddhist chants.
With the visit of Mulagandhakuti Vihara, your half day tour of Sarnath comes to an end. We will drop you back to your hotel in Varanasi.
- English Speaking Guide charges
- Any kind of monument and museum entry fee at Sarnath.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off.
- A transportation to\from site location in an air condition cab·
- All applicable taxes and service charges
- Any personal expenses during the tour
- Anything except in inclusions.
- Explore the revered Buddhist sites at Sarnath.
- Admire the architecture of Dhameka Stupa.
- Find variety of Buddhist artifacts in the Sarnath Archeological Museum.
- Observe Buddhist heritage evident in the excavated ruins of historical monuments.
Payment & Cancellation Policy
- 30 days prior commencement of tour, No cancellation charges.
- 29-10 days prior commencement of tour, 25% of travel cost.
- 09-3 days prior commencement of tour, 50% of travel cost.
- Less than 03 days prior commencement of tour, No Refund.
Book This Tour
Similar Tour Options
- USD 28 Per Person
- 4 hoursDuration
- USD 32 Per Person
- 8 HoursDuration