Heritage Walk in Mumbai on Private Basis2
Your Mumbai Walking Tour starts at 8:00 am. The tour will take you to the Gateway of India, one of the famous destinations of Mumbai. It was also the place where the last of the British troops departed. With this, the British rule came to an end in 1947.
Post exploring this place, we move towards the Regal Theatre which is based on a walking distance of around 5 mins. It was inaugurated in 1933 and was designed by Charles Stevens. It was the only Art Deco cinema designed by Karl Schara.
After this tour, a 10 minute walk will take you towards the Prince of Wales Museum. Appreciate the craft of George Wittet, designer of the building, from outside. Opposite to the Museum is Elphistone College, a Gothic-Victorian-style university. Then on the Mahatma Gandhi Road, you will see another historic building named David Sassoon Library. It was named after the Jewish businessman, David Sassoon, who funded the structure. Adjacent to the library awaits Army and Navy Building. It was used as a British army navy store. Then you will walk towards the University of Bombay. After this, visit the High Court of Mumbai. Then walk towards the Flora Fountain, a stone fountain made in the Fort business district, South Mumbai.
Later on, we move towards a historic railway station named Victoria Terminus Railway Station. It is now popular as Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus. From here, a short taxi ride of around 2 kms will take you from VT station to Colaba. Here you will be dropped at Leopold Local café. The nostalgic background will add to your experience. Post this Mumbai Heritage Walk Tour, move towards the Jehangir Art Gallery. Here experience paintings and creations by great artists. Post this, you will drive back to your hotel.
- Air conditioned car for hotel pick up and drop
- An expeirenced private tour guide during the walk
- All applicable taxes
- Hotel accommodation
- Expense arising out of unexpected circumstances like natural calamities, flight cancellation or delay
- Learn about the architecture of Mumbai on this educational and fun-filled tour
- Explore the most interesting historic structures of the city
- Listen to the historic facts and amusing tales by the local guide
- A private air-conditioned car for hotel pick up and drop
Important: The pick up and drop would be provided from city centre hotels in Colaba area. The supplement cost might be applicable from the hotels located far from city centre.
- 30 days prior commencement of tour, No cancellation charges.
- 29-10 days prior commencement of tour, 25% of travel cost.
- 09-03 days prior commencement of tour, 50% of travel cost.
- Less than 03 days prior commencement of tour, No Refund.
Martin ClarkeJune 01 2018
Great Time in Mumbai !!
We really enjoyed our tour. Our guide and driver were both enthusiastic and helpful; the itinerary was just right for us and the guide was prepared to be flexible to reflect our needs. We learned a lot about Mumbai, and want to come back to India, so we will be in touch .
Book This Tour
Similar Tour Options
Private Tour of Khotachiwadi Village
- USD 27 Per Person
- 3 hoursDuration
Private Mumbai City Tour with Kanheri Caves
- USD 50 Per Person
- 8 hoursDuration