It is time to explore the most renowned heritage sites, Ajanta and Ellora Caves in Aurangabad. Travel back in time with the caves at Ajanta which are Buddhist and the Ellora caves which are a mix of Buddhist, Hindu, and Jain. The famous paintings, carvings, and murals in Ajanta and Ellora caves will surely leave you enthralled.
- Begin your historical journey in the majestic Ajanta and Ellora Caves in Aurangabad
- Spectacular paintings, carvings, and murals are spellbinding
- Spend time wandering around the rock-cut cave temples, especially the Kailasa Temple
- Get to see beautiful cave architecture, the best remains of Indian heritage and culture
Day 1: Aurangabad Arrival and Ajanta Caves Sightseeing
Between 7 AM – 10 AM, you will be picked up from the airport in Aurangabad and will be driven towards majestic Ajanta Caves, it would be a journey of 100 kms in around 3 hrs. Ajanta Caves are one of the oldest UNESCO World Heritage Site and it is a set of 29 Buddhist caves beautifully treasured in the hills. There are beautiful paintings and carvings the best example of Indian Art. This UNESCO Heritage Site also has huge pillars, Stupas & ceilings with carvings that are beautiful to watch. You will find Buddhist philosophy & religious teachings of the Buddha depicted through paintings & sculptures. After a day of traveling around in Ajanta caves, you can spend the evening at leisure. Return to the hotel for an overnight stay in Aurangabad.
Day 2: Ellora Caves and Airport Departure
After the breakfast at the hotel, we will leave for sightseeing tour of Ellora caves. The drive towards Ellora caves would be 95 km in around 2 hours.
Ellora Caves are one of the largest rock-cut monastery temples and are a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It is famous for monuments of Jainism, Buddhism & Hinduism and the Kailasha Temple, the artwork of monolithic single rock excavation. It has 12 Buddhist caves, 5 Jain temples, and 17 Hindu temples.
After the sightseeing, you will be dropped at the Aurangabad Airport to board your onward flight.
- Private Air conditioned car for airport transfers and sightseeing tours.
- Accommodation at good 4 star category of hotel with breakfast
- English speaking tour guide during sightseeing tours
- Entrance Fee to Ajanta Caves
- Entrance Fee to Ellora Caves
- All applicable taxes
- Any Air/Train Fare
- Lunch or Dinner
- Expense arising out of unexpected circumstances like natural calamities, flight cancellation or delay
- 30 days prior commencement of tour, No cancellation charges.
- 29-10 day’s prior commencement of tour, 25% of travel cost.
- 10 days prior commencement of tour, 50% of travel cost.
- Less than 09 days prior commencement of tour, No Refund.
- Ajanta Caves remain closed on every Monday, while Ellora Caves remain closed on every Tuesday.