Known for its famous heritage sites Ajanta & Ellora caves, Aurangabad is a city that should definitely be visited. The journey into caves & temples carved with intricate details will surely leave you enthralled. You will travel back to the 5th & 8th centuries with the cave temples. A trip to Aurangabad to Ajanta & Ellora caves will be an adventurous one and you will be intrigued to know about the history & culture of the place & religions represented in the caves. Other attractions include Bibi Ka Maqbara, Daulatbad Fort that will take you back in time.
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Sites, including Ajanta & Ellora Caves and other attractions like Bibi ka Maqbara & Daulatbad Fort in Aurangabad
- Get mesmerized by the beautiful artwork of this royal & historical city
- Ajanta & Ellora temples are popular amongst tourists and have their own charm
- Kailasha Temples of Ellora will impress with its architectural & sculptural style
Day 1: Arrival Aurangabad
On arrival (0600- 1400 Hrs), you will be picked up from the airport and will be transferred to the hotel. After check-in and rest for some while, get ready to explore the city’s historical attractions including Bibi ka Maqbara & Daulatbad Fort.
Built by Aurangzeb’s son, Prince Azam Shah in the memory of his mother Rabia Durani, Bibi ka Maqbara has stood since 1678 and has a similar architecture as Taj Mahal. It has beautiful surroundings and is worth exploring.
The Daulatbad Fort is located amidst greenery and was built in the 12th century. It gives a full view of the city as it is situated on a hill. The design of the fort is impressive and leaves you mesmerized. Later, we will drop you back to the hotel for overnight stay.
Day 2: Aurangabad – Ajanta- Aurangabad (95 Kms. / approx. 2 Hrs. One way)
After the breakfast at the hotel, our driver will take you for excursion visit to Ajanta Caves. A set of 29 Buddhist caves, Ajanta Caves is a famous tourist spot, treasured in the hills and are shaped as horseshoe across Wangorah River. Ajanta Caves are mysterious in their own way and are an example of some of the precious Buddhist works and rock-cut temples. Ajanta caves houses some of the best Indian masterpieces, carvings & paintings are worth exploring. This UNESCO Heritage Site also has huge pillars, Stupas & ceilings with carvings that are beautiful to watch. You will find Buddhist philosophy & religious teachings of the Buddha depicted through paintings & sculptures.
After a great eventful day, driver will drop you at hotel for overnight stay.
Day 3: Aurangabad – Ellora (35 Kms. /approx. 1 Hrs. one way)| Aurangabad Departure
After the breakfast at hotel. Check-out from the hotel, after settling down your entire luggage into the car, our representative along with chauffeur will take you to the Ellora Caves- One of the largest rock-cut monastery temple Cave and is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It is famous for monuments of Jainism, Buddhism & Hinduism and the Kailasha Temple, the artwork of monolithic single rock excavation. After the sightseeing, you will be dropped at the Aurangabad airport to board the flight for onward destination.
- 2 Nights Accommodation at Keys Hotel in Aurangabad or Similar category of hotels
- Daily breakfast at the hotel
- All transfers and sightseeing tours on private basis
- English speaking local tour guide during sightseeing tours
- Entrance fee to all monuments as per itinerary
- Mineral Water during Road Journeys
- All taxes and service charges
- Any Air/Train Fare
- Camera fee at monuments
- Expense arising out of unexpected circumstances like natural calamities, flight cancellation or delay
- 30 days prior commencement of tour, No cancellation charges.
- 29-10 day’s prior commencement of tour, 25% of travel cost.
- 10 days prior commencement of tour, 50% of travel cost.
- Less than 09 days prior commencement of tour, No Refund.
- Ajanta Caves remain closed on every Monday, while Ellora Caves remain closed on every Tuesday.
- Airfare are subject to change at the time of booking.
Mesmerised by the beauty of the cavesAugust 28 2018
I got to know about the history and artwork of the Ajanta and Ellora caves in Aurangabad. The tour guide was really great and explained about the caves. Thanks people!
Lovely tourAugust 02 2018
Very inspiring Ajanta & Ellora caves. Loved the carvings and paintings. Also, the tour arrangements were done nicely. AT every point, I was told about the plans. Yay!
Fabulous oneMay 06 2018
I was allured by the beauty of Ajanta and Ellora caves. The tour guide made it a point to tell me about the caves in brief and I really enjoyed it. Thanks for an awesome tour.
Beautiful Ajanta and ElloraFebruary 23 2018
nice trip. Loved Ajanta and Ellora caves and Aurangabad is a great city with history behind. The driver was very nice and helpful. Thanks!
Nice trip.January 23 2018
The view at the Ajanta caves and Ellora caves are nice. I love to know about the historical past of the monuments. This place should be visited surely. Thankyou Indiator guys.