Private Day Excursion to Mahabalipuram and Kanchipuram Caves and Temples Tour11
Early in the morning around 6:30 – 7:00 am, our chauffeur pick you up from the hotel for Mahabalipuram and Kanchipuram Caves and Temples Day Tour from Chennai . Both the places are ruled by the Pallava dynasty during the time period between 3rd to 9th century. Your visit starts from the Mahabalipuram, resided around 60 Kms from Chennai.
On arrival in Mahabalipuram, also named as Mamallapuram, renowned for its exclusive rock cut temples and all the temples are of different style. Firstly, you will take to the sightseeing of Shore Temple, established on the shore of the Bay of Bengal. This 7th-century temple devoted to Lord Shiva and Lord Vishnu, portray the dignified taste of Pallavas. This shore temple is highly applauded for its five-storied rock-cut structure of around 60 ft height.
Afterward, we will take you to visit the Arjuna’s Penance also known as ‘The Descent of Ganga’ the length of this rock temple is around 96 feet and height of around 43 feet. Arjuna Penance is carved with images of gods, birds and animals, giant elephant, and much more. Arjuna Penance portrays the story of Arjuna austerity for Lord Shiva.
The next place to visit is Five Rathas Shrine, renowned for rock-cut temples structured in the shape of chariots. These five chariots belong to the five Pandavas and the Draupadi.
Later, we will take you to the Krishna Mandapam, this mythological place is dedicated to Lord Krishna. The Mandapam engraved with the gallant story of Lord Krishna during his adolescence.
After completing the tour of Mahabalipuram, we will take you at the Local Restaurant (own expense) for a delicious lunch. Subsequently, leave for the drive of around 2 hours to the Kanchipuram. During the ancient age, this city has around thousand temples but now left over with only around 126 temples. Apart from temples, this city is also famous for the handloom industry of cotton and silk Kanchipuram sarees.
Your first visit is to the remarkable Ekambareswarar Temple, devoted to Lord Shiva. The height of the gopuram of this temple is 58.5 meters engraved with enchanting sculptures, which make this temple the tallest temple in South India. The other fascinating thing about this temple is the thousand’s pillar in the hallway of the temple.
Afterward, we will take you for the sightseeing of Kailasanatha Temple remarkable for the Shiva Lingam of a height of 10 feet. Later, your Mahabalipuram and Kanchipuram Caves and Temples Day Tour Package followed by the visit to the various temples like Vaikunda Perumal Temple, Kamakshi Amman Temple, etc. All the temples are rich in splendid architecture, sculptures and unbelievable stone cutting work of the medieval period.
At the end of the day, you will be dropped at your Chennai hotel.
- Sightseeing & Excursion as per itinerary
- English speaking guide Service in both city.
- Entrances fees of the monuments.
- Private sightseeing and Transfer by Private A/C Vehicle.
- All Applicable taxes and service charges.
- Any Air & train fare
- Medical insurance
- Any expenses arising out of unforeseen circumstances like flight delay/cancellation/hike in
- fare,strike or any other natural calamities
- Personal nature Expenses i.e. Telephone Calls, Laundry, Soft / Hard Drinks, Meals, Tipping etc.
- Camera Fee at Monuments.
- Witness the magnificent temples of the Medieval period
- Explore the mythological history of Hindus, Jains, and Buddhism
- Enjoy the enchanting sculptures and rock-cutting work in the temples
- Shop some exclusive Kanchipuram Silk and Cotton sarees.
- Transfer service from Chennai hotel to Mahabalipuram and Kanchipuram.
Payment & Cancellation Policy .
- Full payment will be required at the time of Confirmation of the Tour.
- 25 Days prior to the commencement of the tour No cancellation charges
- 24-06 Days prior to date of travel, 50 % ncellation charges
- Less than 5 days No refund.
DustinOctober 11 2019
I think I have never seen so many beautiful temples in a day. Every place that we visited was unique and amazing. Even the legends that the guide told us about these temples were so interesting. A very entertaining tour. everyone should visit Chennai atleast once in their lives.
EltonOctober 11 2019
what a surprise
when I booked a temples tour, I was hoping it would be a peaceful and quiet holiday where I will get to know about a few Indian gods and that’s all. But I had no idea that the structures in itself are going to be so awesome that just watching them makes your tour worth it. So intricately designed that you will fall in love with them at the very first sight. Must visit.
EustaceOctober 11 2019
The first thought that came into my mind when I visited these rock-cut temples and caves was that how can someone in the 6th-7th century create something so fantastic. It is so hard to believe that such masterpieces were being created in the ancient time. India definitely has a very rich history and culture. Thanks for the tour.