Chunar Fort is situated in Mirzapur at a distance of around 65 Kms from Varanasi. The history of this fort was marked from 56 BC. The place is a perfect blend of the history, nature, and the religion. This day tour from Chunar to Varanasi through boat ride conducted by Indiator is one of the best ways to admire the serenity of the Ganga river. This Chunar tour is also ideal for the trekkers due to its forests of Vindhya range and the Ganga.
- Visit the 1000-year old stone temples.
- Delve into the rare pictures and inscriptions marked on the walls of the fort.
- Try to know more about the Chunar Fort.
- Appreciate the architecture and the surroundings of the fort.
- Transfer service through an air-conditioned vehicle.
Around 6:00 AM in the morning, our driver will pick you up from the Varanasi hotel through an air-conditioned vehicle and drop you to the Chunar fort tour. This lofty fort was built by King Vikramaditya in 56 BC and later it was ruled by around dozen of rulers till 1781 under the rule of Warren Hastings.
Chunar Fort is situated on a bank of the divine river Ganga at an altitude of around 80 feet from the ground to 175 feet and spread over in a vast area of 34000 sq ft. Chunar Fort is one of the popular tourist attractions due to its history, natural beauty, religious aspects, and handicrafts.
Few major attractions of the fort are Bharthari Samadhi, Sonwa Mandap comprises 28 pillars shows the Hindu style of architecture and a water storage tank, Bawan Khambo Ki Chhatri an open pavilion of 52 pillars, each pillar remark the victory of their king, and the Residence of Warren Hastings, this residence is now converted into a museum.
After exploring the fort, our chauffeur along with the local tour guide will hop-on to the boat for a long boat ride from Chunar to Varanasi. Later, we will serve you breakfast (In case of delay, we will take you for the breakfast in local restaurant in Chunar), lunch, and evening tea & snacks on the boat.
Lastly, after hop-off from the boat to the ghat of the Varanasi, our chauffeur will pick you up from there and drop you back to the hotel.
- Transfer and sightseeing by Private air condition Car.
- Services of English speaking local tour guide.
- Entry fees of all Monuments.
- Boat Ride
- Break Fast
- Lunch and high tea in the evening
- All taxes and service charge.
- Air or train fare.
- Camera fee at monuments.
- Expense arising out of unexpected circumstances like natural calamities, flight cancellation or delay.
Payment & Cancellation Policy
- 30 days prior commencement of tour, No cancellation charges.
- 29-10 days prior commencement of tour, 25% of travel cost.
- 09-3 days prior commencement of tour, 50% of travel cost.
- Less than 03 days prior commencement of tour, No Refund.
Wonderful experienceJune 25 2018
One of the best trips ever had. Wonderful, peaceful, mystical, everything you expect from India you will find in Varanasi on the Ganges.