Private Half day UNESCO World Heritage Sites Ajanta Caves tour with Guide and Hotel Transfer0
As you land in Aurangabad airport, our driver will come to receive you from the airport Or we can simply arrange the pickup from your hotel in Aurangabad. Sit back and relax in the comfort of air-conditioned car on journey to Ajanta Caves. The Ajanta Caves are located on the rocky cliff lying on the U-shaped gorge on the small river Waghur, in the Deccan plateau. The surroundings are verdant with gorgeous waterfalls.
Ajanta Caves are famous for their giant sculptures build by Buddhist monks during 2nd century BCE to about 480 CE. Some part of the monuments are well-preserved however some seem to lose the battle to time being covered with carbon or wearing out. The site is a protected monument in the care of the Archaeological Survey of India. Since 1983, the Ajanta Caves have been a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
As you enter the monument you will notice the caves are numbered. The numbering is done according to the time period when they were excavated. Ajanta Caves are carved in a horse-shoe shaped rock consisting Buddhist Viharas (Temples) and monasteries. You are not allowed to carry shoes inside the temples so carry easily removable ones. The depictions inside the caves are all about the life incidences of Lord Buddha and Jataka tales. You will enjoy the astonishingly big rock cut sculptures especially the sculpture of 29 feet long Buddha in Mahaparinirvana in the last cave. The murals and frescoes on the walls and ceilings of the caves are other staggering features. Click pictures of the mind blowing work by then artists retaining its charm till date.
Heading towards the exit you can buy some keepsakes or informative books about nearby tourist places from the Archeological Survey of India shop, at the start of the cave no 1. Board the car and our driver will drop you back to the airport or your hotel in Aurangabad.
- Full day sightseeing tour with Private air conditined car
- English speaking tour guide for sightseeing tours
- Hotel or airport pick up and drop on private basis
- Entrance Fee to Ajanta Caves
- All applicable taxes
- Any Air/Train Fare
- Hotel Accommodation
- Expense arising out of unexpected circumstances like natural calamities, flight cancellation or delay
- Know about Buddhist culture in Ajanta Caves Half day tour.
- Get surprised by Buddhists love for art with beautiful paintings and rock cut sculptures.
- Enjoy the walk through dim lit caves filled with representations of Jataka tales.
- Understand the composition consisting rock cut Buddhist temples and monasteries.
- Don't miss the stunning view of the ‘caves’ from the two distinct viewing points.
- See resplendent frescoes and incised paintings on the walls and ceiling of the caves.
- Time travel to the past while listening to compelling stories about the monument by our guide.
- 30 days prior commencement of tour, No cancellation charges.
- 29-10 day’s prior commencement of tour, 25% of travel cost.
- 10 days prior commencement of tour, 50% of travel cost.
- Less than 09 days prior commencement of tour, No Refund.
- Ajanta Caves remain closed on every Monday.