Private Half day UNESCO World Heritage Sites Ellora Caves tour with Guide and Hotel Transfer0
On your arrival in Aurangabad airport, our driver will come to receive you in an air-conditioned car Or we can just arrange the pickup from your hotel in Aurangabad. Undertaking the Ellora tour package you will be taken to the heritage site located 35 kms away.
The location is in North-West direction of Aurangabad on the basalt rocks of Western Ghats. It is one of the largest rock cut monastery-temple cave complex of the World. It boasts Hindu, Jain and Buddhist cultural features dating from the 600-1000 CE period. The Hindu and Buddhist caves were built by Hindu dynasties (like Rashtrakuta dynasty) and Jain Caves by Yadava dynasty.
The route is filled with pleasant views. On reaching you will be amazed by the grandeur and its complex architecture resting amid greenery. It features a set of 34 caves with 12 – Buddhist, 17 – Hindu and 5 – Jain caves. Your personal guide will report and accompany you at the site. Keep walking and admiring the splendid aesthetic incised paintings and huge sculptures of deities; while the guide giving you every detail about them. Each cave flaunts some or the forms of resplendent murals and incised figures. Of all 34 caves, Cave no 16 will draw your attention with its huge ‘Kailasa Temple’, dedicated to Lord Shiva. Situated in front of the main entrance, Kailasa temple shows you traces of Pallava and Chalukya styles. Click pictures of the ornate square pillars and the sculpture of Lord Buddha seated on a lion in Cave no 2. Cave no 25 showcase Hindu culture with carving of Surya in its ceiling.
The walk in the cultural heritage of India will offer you a whole new experience of multiple Indian cultures. After finishing the tour to Ellora, our driver will drop you back safely to airport or hotel in Aurangabad.
- Full day sightseeing tour with Private air conditined car
- English speaking tour guide for sightseeing tours
- Hotel or airport pick up and drop on private basis
- Entrance Fee to Ellora Caves
- All applicable taxes
- Any Air/Train Fare
- Hotel Accommodation
- Expense arising out of unexpected circumstances like natural calamities, flight cancellation or delay
- Go on Ellora Caves tour package and tread on the numerous caves adorned with artwork.
- Admire the immaculately incised paintings plastered on the walls.
- Get to know about the knowledge of art in the people of that era.
- The jaw dropping symmetry of motifs on the ceiling of corridors will leave you in awe.
- Make most of the Ellora Caves day tour by exploring the jaw dropping features.
- Witness the big sculptures of lord Buddha in sleeping position (Cave 26) and the other one while seated on a lion (Cave 2).
- Witness the significantly huge ‘Kailasa Temple’ carved out of single rock in Cave no 16.
- 30 days prior commencement of tour, No cancellation charges.
- 29-10 day’s prior commencement of tour, 25% of travel cost.
- 10 days prior commencement of tour, 50% of travel cost.
- Less than 09 days prior commencement of tour, No Refund.
- Ellora Caves remain closed on every Tuesday.
Book This Tour
Similar Tour Options
Private Half day UNESCO World Heritage Sites Ajanta Caves tour with Guide and Hotel Transfer
- USD 68 Per Person
- 6 to 7 hoursDuration
Private Full day Ajanta and Ellora Caves Sightseeing with Guide and Hotel Transfer
- USD 69 Per Person
- 8 to 9 hoursDuration