Jaisalmer is all about the fort, havelis, and desert and is a popular destination in Rajasthan. It is a gateway to the Thar Desert and houses the most famous the Jaisalmer Fort, also called Sonar Quila. You can explore the architectural masterpieces present in the form of ancient havelis like Patwon Ki Haveli, Salim Singh Ki Haveli, Nathmal Ki Haveli and Gadisar Lake. You will be amazed to see the glorious heritage and the Rajputana art and culture.
- Visit the World Heritage Site, Jaisalmer Fort or Sonar Quila with an impressive style of architecture
- Get mesmerized with the different types of Haveli made using yellow sandstones
- Explore the narrow streets of the old city with magnificent Havelis and desert mystery
- Experience the popular hospitality, art and architecture and Rajasthani culture
At 0800- 1000 AM, You will be picked up by the guide from the hotel and the Jaisalmer city tour will begin with a first stop at the Jaisalmer Fort. It is made up of sandstones and is located amidst sands of the Thar Desert. It is 250 feet tall and has 99 bastions, 92 out of which were built between 1633 and 1674. You will see that city’s one-fourth population still resides within the fort and it is a UNESCO World Heritage Site
Within the fort, visit the Jain Temples situated in the Jaisalmer Fort, which has a great architectural heritage. These Jain Temples were built in 12th and 15th centuries and you will find carvings of human and animal figures in Dilwara style. Visit the Laxminath Temple, which is dedicated to Lord Vishnu and Lakshmi and is situated in the fort.
Later continue the sightseeing visit Patwon ki Haveli, now a museum, showcases various furniture, carvings, and artwork. It is a major tourist attraction and is a group of 5 havelis. It is the largest haveli in Jaisalmer and features many paintings and mirror works.
Next, stop at Salim Singh Ki Haveli, which has peculiar architecture and the room forms a peacock shape. It is located near the Jaisalmer fort and consists of 38 balconies with great designs.
Stop at Nathmal Ji Ki Haveli, it has a magnificent architecture with elephant carvings on yellow stones and carved walls. The architecture of the haveli is a blend of Rajput architecture and Islamic art.
After the sightseeing, You will be dropped to your hotel/airport after the tour ends.
- Transport & sightseeing using Air-conditioned Vehicle
- English Speaking local Guide during the sightseeing
- Monument entrance fees
- Mineral water
- All taxes and service charges.
- Air or train fare
- Camera fee at monuments
- Expense arising out of unexpected circumstances like natural calamities, flight cancellation or delay.
- 30 days prior commencement of tour, No cancellation charges.
- 29-10 day’s prior commencement of tour, 25% of travel cost.
- 10 days prior commencement of tour, 50% of travel cost.
- Less than 09 days prior commencement of tour, No Refund.
Sun sand and fortsJune 01 2018
It was a lovely trip to Rajasthan. The desert, camels, forts describe the place best. Grandeur forts are huge and captivating.
Wonderful trip to the desertMay 01 2018
Rajasthan piqued my curiosity with its overwhelming charm and soul soothing views. Desert trip makes you feel like a sudden shift in the geography but was equally exciting.
Rajasthani culture is interestingFebruary 01 2018
The place has lots of forts and palaces to visit. This part of India has had major warriors in their history so you will get to see lot of stuff related to that. The architecture, culture, geography offers wide area to be explored.
Sneak peek to Indian historyFebruary 01 2018
Jaisalmer has a lot to offer you. You will get to see many grand palaces of Indian kings. They are till date perfectly maintained and are certainly recommendable to visit at least once in a lifetime.