Nal Sarovar Bird Sanctuary is the most sought after place for birding by bird lovers and ornithologists. It is situated 64 km to the West of Ahmedabad in Gujarat state of India. If you are looking for a day out with something interesting to do then this place could be your answer. It is the largest wetland bird sanctuary in Gujarat spread over an area of 120.82-sq-km.The serene marshland with shallow waters (4-5 ft) contains 36 small islands & habitat of about 210 types of birds. The boats are available to take you on a ride through and help you spot umpteen varieties of birds. The peaceful tourist spot is a good place to spend an unwinding day checking out the surprisingly beautiful birds.
- You will be surprised to know the variety of migratory birds visiting here every year.
- Thrilling sight of birds from a very close distance.
- Perfect place for birding peacefully accompanied with stunning view of sunrise.
- Boating through the marshland surrounded by colorful exotic species of birds.
Early morning at 0530 Hrs. our driver will pick you up from your hotel in Ahmedabad for guided excursion tour to Nal Sarover Bird Sanctuary. Morning is best time for more bird sightings near the lake. It is the largest wetland bird sanctuary in Gujarat and one of the largest in India. The place can be reached in 1.5 hr by car from Ahmedabad.
On reaching, the entry tickets will be provided to you by us and then the sightseeing will begin. The best time to visit the place is early in the morning as maximum species are present that time. Nalsarovar Bird Sanctuary has a spectacular natural lake with shallow waters and muddy lagoons, dotted by 360 islets.
The boat will be ready for you to show the prime locations of the sanctuary inhabited by exotic bird species.
The place offers an ideal wintering ground for thousands of migratory birds (depend on Migratory Bird Season). These birds travel tiring lengths from Central Asia, Europe and Siberia to escape from severe cold of harsh winter there. You will be glad to see plenty of species like Ruddy Shelduck, Seagulls, Marsh Harrier, Moorhen, etc. The marsh is only 3-4 feet deep and hence safe. You will relish the peaceful and soothing ride on the boat while passing through silent waters. The pleasant charm of the birds will compel you to capture them in your camera. The lake and the wetlands around it were declared a bird sanctuary in April 1969.
After your tour inside the sanctuary you will board the car and our driver will drop you back at your hotel in Ahmadabad.
Note: Nal Sarovar Bird Sanctuary remains open throughout the year but the best time to visit the sanctuary is between October to March.
• All transportation, sightseeing by Air conditioned vehicle.
• Entry fee at Bird Sanctuary.
• Short Boat Ride into the Lake on sharing basis
• Service of Local English speaking local Guide.
• Mineral water.
• All taxes and service charges.
• Air or train fare.
• Camera fee at monuments.
• Expense arising out of unexpected circumstances like natural calamities, flight cancellation or delay.
• Anything except in inclusions.
Payment & Cancellation Policy:-
- 50% Payment require at the time of confirmation.
- 30 days prior commencement of tour, No cancellation charges
- 29-10 days prior commencement of tour, 25% of travel cost.
- 09-3 days prior commencement of tour, 50% of travel cost.
- Less than 03 days prior commencement of tour, No Refund.
Good trip with IndiatorNovember 12 2018
This was an amazing tour at Nalsarovar Bird Sanctuary in Ahmedabad. Got to see so many exotic birds and it was a really great experience. Tour arrangements were nice and the tour guide did a great job.
Great experienceApril 24 2018
I captured so many exotic birds, it was very good trip. I like Nal Sarovar Bird Sanctuary. Thanks Indiator.
Beautiful placeApril 16 2018
This place is a birdwatcher's paradise. A nice place to spend with kids. I loved the tip.
loved itFebruary 27 2018
I love watching birds and I had great time in Nal Sarovar Bird Sanctuary. The tour arrangements were done properly and the guide was well behaved. Good one.
I am a birdwatcher, this is the best place to be to see birds.February 26 2018
Wow, I loved boating around the marshlands and captured the migratory bird in their natural form. It was an awesome tour. Thank you people.