Ramnagar Fort is situated in Ramnagar, Varanasi near the Ganga river. This gargantuan fort was built in 1750 by the king of Kashi or we can say Varanasi Raja Balwant Singh. This private Ramnagar Fort tour takes you to the bygone era of the 17th-century and depicts the royal collection of antique items.
- Visit the temples, palaces, gardens, and the royal collection of items.
- Delve into the fascinating history of the fort.
- Explore the imperial lifestyle of the kings & Queens.
- Appreciate the Ramnagar Fort day tour.
- Transfer service through an air-conditioned vehicle.
Around 9:30 AM in the morning, our driver will pick you up from the hotel for the excursion to Ramnagar fort tour situated around 14 Kms from Varanasi. This lofty fort was made up of Chunar sandstone in Hindu and Mughal style of architecture.
Ramnagar Fort houses numerous influential buildings like Darbar Hall used for public audiences, Temple devoted to the author of the Hindu epic Mahabharat named Ved Vyas, A museum showcases an aristocratic collection of Vintage cars, armor, ivory work items, antique clocks, and royal carriages.
Due to its rich cultural heritage, the fort was used by numerous filmmakers for shooting. The section of the fort is still used by the royal family of the Banaras as their residence which is not open for the tourists.
Ramnagar Fort also houses a giant clock named Dharam Ghari built in 1852 which not only displays year, month, week, and day, but also the details about the sun, moon and the stars.
After your same day Ramnagar fort tour in Varanasi, our chauffeur will drop you back to the hotel.
Timings: Opens daily from 9 am to Noon and 2 pm to 5.30 pm.
- Transfer and sightseeing by Private air condition Car.
- Services of English speaking local tour guide.
- Entry fees of all Monuments.
- All taxes and service charge.
- Air or train fare.
- Camera fee at monuments.
- Expense arising out of unexpected circumstances like natural calamities, flight cancellation or delay.
Payment & Cancellation Policy
- 30 days prior commencement of tour, No cancellation charges.
- 29-10 days prior commencement of tour, 25% of travel cost.
- 09-3 days prior commencement of tour, 50% of travel cost.
- Less than 03 days prior commencement of tour, No Refund.
Beautiful FortJune 05 2018
The Fort Museum is spread out and has some beautiful artifacts including seven vintage cars but I was so sad to see the layers of dust on each item.