Private Sarnath Tour with Evening Aarti on Ganges1
At 2:00 PM our driver will pick you up from the hotel lobby in Varanasi. From there drive to Sarnath situated at a distance of 10 km from Varanasi. Upon entering Sarnath the first monument you will witness is Chaukhandi Stupa that has a historical significance. It is the site where Lord Buddha reunited with his five companions who left him at Bodhgaya. It conjures a lot of emotion among pilgrims who visit Sarnath.
After that, you may proceed to visit the next site, Dhammek Stupa, which was built in 249 B.C.E. by the great Mauryan King Ashoka. The Stupa is a cylindrical tower, built of bricks and stones that measure 43.6 m in height and 28 m in diameter.
Next proceed to Mulagandha Kuti Vihar, which is situated in the midst of brick ruins of ancient Sarnath. This Buddhist temple allure tourists for its distinct architecture and it is famed for its splendid murals and frescos.
After Sarnath tour, you will be driven back to Varanasi to attend the grand evening of Ganga Aarti that takes place at the famous Dashashwamedha Ghat. It is a beautiful ritual, which is performed by the brass lamps, along with the mantra chant in the presence of the huge crowd. It makes every moment filled with spiritual thoughts.
With evening Ganga Aarti, your day comes to an end. After this, we will drop you back to your hotel in Varanasi city.
- English Speaking Guide charges.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off.
- Any kind of monument and museum entry fee at Sarnath.
- All applicable taxes and service charges.
- Arrival & Departure From The Airport / Railway Station Is Not Included
- Any personal expenses during the tour
- Visit Sarnath where Lord Buddha preached his first sermon.
- Marvel at the spectacular cylindrical shape of Dhameka Stupa.
- Discover the decaying ruins of the Mulagandha Kuti Vihar.
- Witness the ritual of Ganga Aarti performed by the students of the Vedas and Upanishads.
Payment & Cancellation Policy
- 30 days prior commencement of tour, No cancellation charges.
- 29-10 days prior commencement of tour, 25% of travel cost.
- 09-3 days prior commencement of tour, 50% of travel cost.
- Less than 03 days prior commencement of tour, No Refund.
Book This Tour
Similar Tour Options
Private Sarnath Excursion with Museum Visit
- USD 29 Per Person
- 4-5 hrsDuration
2 Days Heavenly Visit to Varanasi and Sarnath Tour
- USD 114 Per Person
- 1 Night 2 DaysDuration