Just located at a 10 km distance from Varanasi, Sarnath is the most visited places in Buddhist circuit. With this tour, you are about to witness many Buddhist ruins, museum, and temples. The beauty and calmness of Sarnath compel tourists to re-visit. The place has managed to preserve its splendor and significance, for a long time now that makes it highly revered among pilgrims. The combination of a spiritual voyage to Sarnath with evening Aarti in Varanasi truly uplifts the spirit.
- Visit Sarnath where Lord Buddha preached his first sermon.
- Marvel at the spectacular cylindrical shape of Dhameka Stupa.
- Discover the decaying ruins of the Mulagandha Kuti Vihar.
- Witness the ritual of Ganga Aarti performed by the students of the Vedas and Upanishads.
At 2:00 PM our driver will pick you up from the hotel lobby in Varanasi. From there drive to Sarnath situated at a distance of 10 km from Varanasi. Upon entering Sarnath the first monument you will witness is Chaukhandi Stupa that has a historical significance. It is the site where Lord Buddha reunited with his five companions who left him at Bodhgaya. It conjures a lot of emotion among pilgrims who visit Sarnath.
After that, you may proceed to visit the next site, Dhammek Stupa, which was built in 249 B.C.E. by the great Mauryan King Ashoka. The Stupa is a cylindrical tower, built of bricks and stones that measure 43.6 m in height and 28 m in diameter.
Next proceed to Mulagandha Kuti Vihar, which is situated in the midst of brick ruins of ancient Sarnath. This Buddhist temple allure tourists for its distinct architecture and it is famed for its splendid murals and frescos.
After Sarnath tour, you will be driven back to Varanasi to attend the grand evening of Ganga Aarti that takes place at the famous Dashashwamedha Ghat. It is a beautiful ritual, which is performed by the brass lamps, along with the mantra chant in the presence of the huge crowd. It makes every moment filled with spiritual thoughts.
With evening Ganga Aarti, your day comes to an end. After this, we will drop you back to your hotel in Varanasi city.
- English Speaking Guide charges.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off.
- Any kind of monument and museum entry fee at Sarnath.
- All applicable taxes and service charges.
- Arrival & Departure From The Airport / Railway Station Is Not Included
- Any personal expenses during the tour
Payment & Cancellation Policy
- 30 days prior commencement of tour, No cancellation charges.
- 29-10 days prior commencement of tour, 25% of travel cost.
- 09-3 days prior commencement of tour, 50% of travel cost.
- Less than 03 days prior commencement of tour, No Refund.