Shivanasamudra waterfalls, Somnathpur Private Tour from Bangalore3
Destination Covered: Bangalore- Shivasamudra-Somnathpur-Talakadu- Bangalore
In the morning around 6:30 AM, you will be picked up from the Bangalore hotel by our driver and experienced guide towards the Shivasamudra waterfalls for the one day trip to Shivanasamudra & Talakad. After the traveling for around 3 hours, you will reach the destination point.
Shivasamudara is a small island city, situated on the bank of the river Kaveri. This island town split the river into twin waterfalls named as Gaganachukki & Bharachukki falls 13 Km apart from each other. Asia’s first Hydroelectric power station is also set up at this place in the year 1902. This place is like a utopia for the nature lovers as it is surrounded by sumptuous green forests and enthralling view of the waterfalls. The sensational sound of dropping water from the height of 98 meters. You can also enjoy the boat ride which takes you near the waterfall. (Own expense subject to water level)
Afterward, we will take you to the Somnathpur at a distance of 50 Km from Shivanasamudra falls, famous for Channakesava temple a marvelous symbol of ancient Hoysala architecture built in 1268. The outside and inner walls of the temple are entirely covered with sculptures and artwork. This sanctum place is divided into three shrines, two shrines placed figures of the god Janardhana and Venugopala and the third one is for the god Keshava, whose figure is now missing from the temple.
This spiritual city is also known for its incense sticks, sandalwood oil, painting of gods and goddesses in a Mysore style and handicrafts.
Later, this Shivanasamudra waterfalls Somnathpur & Talakadu tour package bring you to have a delicious south-Indian food at a local restaurant. Subsequently, we will take you to drive of 24 Km to Talakadu, circled by many temples. According to the history, Talakadu had around 30 temples, but leaving 4-5 temples, all are buried in the sand. The antiquity of the place tells that this happens because of the “Curse of Talakadu” by a queen named Alamelamma of Talakad to the king of Mysore who acquisitive seizing the precious ornaments from her state.
Now the place is left over with some temples named Maruleshwara, Pathaleshwara, Vaideeshwara, Arkeshwara and Mallikarjuneshwara devoted to Lord Shiva and the Keerthinarayana temple, covered with alluring carving, dedicated to Lord Vishnu.
That is it for the day; you will be dropped back to the Bangalore hotel.
- Service of English Speaking Guide.
- Entry Fee of all Places and Temples.
- Transfer by Private AC Car (Both way).
- Mineral water during trip.
- One breakfast & Lunch in Local south Indian Type Restaurant.
- All taxes and service charges.
- Air or train fare.
- Camera fee at monuments.
- Expense arising out of unexpected circumstances like natural calamities, flight cancellation or delay.
- Experience the breathtaking glimpse of Shivasamudra waterfalls and the beauty which spreading all over the place.
- Explore the history and artwork of Chennakesava Temple.
- Know the ancient myth of ‘Curse of Talakadu’ in detail and appreciate the beauty of the temple.
- Enjoy the Mouthwatering lunch at Local Restaurant.
Payment & Cancellation Policy
- 30 days prior commencement of tour, No cancellation charges.
- 29-10 days prior commencement of tour, 25% of travel cost.
- 09-3 days prior commencement of tour, 50% of travel cost.
- Less than 03 days prior commencement of tour, No Refund.
Book This Tour
Similar Tour Options
- USD 40 Per Person
- 8 - 10 hrsDuration
- USD 47 Per Person
- 10-12 hrsDuration