If you think Kolkatta is famous for colonial buildings, gigantic Howrah Bridge, opulent Bungalows, exquisite library, think again, because there are many other things which make this city worth visiting. The historic city of Chandannagar has been a French Colony and offers so much of its preserved heritage, making it a worth visiting destination.
- An opportunity to view the old time church
- You go back in time, when you visit the Chandannagar Museum
- Visit to legends abodes will remain in your memory through out life.
Once you have your breakfast, hang your haversack, check film role in your camera as the driver reports at your hotel and takes on this tour. Chandannagar is located about 45 kms north of Kolkata on the banks of Ganges river. This picturesque town is known for temples, churches and museums , so visiting this place will not be less than a feast for the eyes.
Chandannagar Strand: Our first stop will be at Chandannagar Strand. This exotic place is near Ganges. The place is known for canopied trees, heritage buildings, Swami Vivekananda Mandir and of course splendid view of the ferries. From here we take you to Chandannagar Museum
Chandannagar Museum: You were not there when French chose Kolkatta to build their colony, never mind, Chandannagar Museum will take you on a vicarious journey, here, array of cannons, swords, artilaries, will take you in the era when wars were fought on the land.
The Sacred Church: After Chandannagar museum, we take you to sacred church. Proximity to strand, this church talks a lot about French architecture besides this, the church is also known for St. Louis remains. From here, we take you to Nandulal Temple.
Nandulal Temple has myriad stone carved Kali statues which talks about women power. This temple also states a story how the goddess Kali killed mighty demons. From here we take you to the residences of famous personalities.
Abode of famous personalities
Legends never die, they always inspire coming generations. We show you abodes of some of the historic figures, who gave a new turn to the Indian freedom struggle, like, Rash Bihari Bose, Kanailal Dutta and many other…
Later afternoon; drive back to Kolkata, and our driver will drop you back at the hotel.
Note: Chandannagar Tour is not operational on Thursdays, Saturdays and Public Holidays.
- Hotel pick up and drop by a private air conditioned car
- Lunch at local Restaurant in Chandannagar
- English Speaking Tour Guide during sightseeing tour
- All applicabl taxes
- Hotel accommdoation
- Meals or Beverages other than specified in program
- Expense arising out of unexpected circumstances like natural calamities, flight cancellation or delay
Important: Chandannagar Tour is not operational on Thursdays, Saturdays and Public Holidays.
- 30 days prior commencement of tour, No cancellation charges.
- 29-10 days prior commencement of tour, 25% of travel cost.
- 09-03 days prior commencement of tour, 50% of travel cost.
- Less than 03 days prior commencement of tour, No Refund.
Old-world charmJune 01 2018
The museum with antiques takes you to time travel in the past. A mysteriously fascinating collection. Must visit for all to know about history.