Varanasi is prominent for its history, culture, ghats, temples, and ashram. The city is also famous for Banarasi Sarees and Banarasi Paan but do you know ‘What is the popular street food in Varanasi? Here, Indiator is conducting a street food tour in Varanasi, which takes you to the popular eatery spots in the city of God.
- Explore the lifestyle and food of the bygone city.
- Visit the city with a local tour guide.
- Enjoy tempting street food in Varanasi.
- Feel the delicate taste of pan on your palate
In the evening at around 4:00 pm, our guide along with the driver will pick you up from the hotel. The Varanasi tour starts with an Assi ghat visit followed by a street food tour that will start with eating the famous food of Varanasi – Poori Sabzi. This hot and crispy Poori or Kachori is stuffed with dal and served with spicy potato gravy. After that, it’s time to have famous sweets of Varanasi i.e. Hot Jalebi (made up of refined flour) and Shahi toast (made up of bread). Both of these food items are served crispy, syrupy and hot.
The other food items that you will get to taste on your Varanasi street food tour include malpuas, gulab jamuns, lal pedhas. Lassi, served in kulhad (earthen glass) made up of yogurt with cardamom flavor, garnished with pistachios and fresh cream, and a few drops of rose water is a must-try. Your trip is incomplete if you have not tasted Varanasi famous chaat, aloo tikki (prepared with aloo pattie with chickpea curry and garnish with green chutney), pani puri, tamatar ki chaat, and last but not the least is the pan of Varanasi. After satiating those hunger pangs in the food streets of Varanasi we will drive you back to the hotel.
- Transfer by Private air condition Car.
- Services of English speaking local tour guide.
- Tasting of Street food.
- All taxes and service charge.
- Air or train fare.
- Drinks and alcohol
- Camera fee at monuments.
- Expense arising out of unexpected circumstances like natural calamities, flight cancellation or delay.
Payment & Cancellation Policy
- 30 days prior commencement of tour, No cancellation charges.
- 29-10 days prior commencement of tour, 25% of travel cost.
- 09-3 days prior commencement of tour, 50% of travel cost.
- Less than 03 days prior commencement of tour, No Refund.
Amazing Street Food TourJuly 04 2018
We had an amazing time wandering the old city's alleys, learning about the different cultures and practices, and stuffing ourselves silly with all kinds of sweets and savouries!