Walking Tour of Colleges and University of Kolkata with Private Transfers0
The walk through the colleges and universities of Kolkata starts from the Calcutta Medical College. The buildings depict the typical style of that era. There is a doric frontage, a wide stairway along with a huge triangular pediment. The next place you would walk up to be Calcutta University. It was set up in 1857. Next we head on to the Asutosh Museum of Indian Art. Surround yourself with Indian sculptures of the bygone era. Interesting brasswork and terracotta objects await you. Walk just opposite the university to Mirzapur street. Here, you may enjoy Indian snacks such as kachuri-dal and luchi-Alur dam to parantha-kasha mansha. Followed by the snacks enjoy the yummy sweets. When the food gets over, you head towards RadhanathMullick Lane and see the many residences of the Basu Mullick family. Then head towards the College Square, explore the cultural buildings of Calcutta. This will be followed by Sanskrit College, which was founded in 1824.
Across the Sanskrit College street is the Presidency College. Followed by it comes the Indian Coffee House. Here, all the intellectuals and artists get together discussing their favorite topic over a cup of hot coffee. Near the Coffee House, you have a book stall of old books. Here, you can get notable books on varied subjects and that too at throw away prices. At the end of the walking tour, you will visit the college street market wherein you can enjoy mouthwatering delicacies such as Mughlaiparantha, Kasha Mansha and Mutton Kaviraji.
On completion, the driver would drop you back at the hotel by a private car.
- Hotel pick up and drop by air conditioned private car
- English Speaking Tour Guide
- Mineral Water
- All taxes
- Hotel accommodation
- Meals or Beverages other than specified in program
- Expense arising out of unexpected circumstances like natural calamities, flight cancellation or delay
- Past through the colleges and universities of Kolkata.
- Step back in time with the Asutosh Museum of Indian Art.
- Mirzapur Street offering mouth watering Indian snacks.
- A qualified guide to assist you on the tour.
Important: The walk would not be conducted on Sundays and National Holidays.
- 30 days prior commencement of tour, No cancellation charges.
- 29-10 days prior commencement of tour, 25% of travel cost.
- 09-03 days prior commencement of tour, 50% of travel cost.
- Less than 03 days prior commencement of tour, No Refund.
Book This Tour
Similar Tour Options
Heritage Walk around The City Centre in Kolkata
- USD 30 Per Person
- 3 hoursDuration
Heritage Walk in Bowbazar with Private Transfers
- USD 34 Per Person
- 3 hoursDuration