Walking Tour of Historic Monuments and Streets of Kolkata0
The first place covered in Kolkata City Walking Tour is the Esplanade. The monument now renamed as Shaheed Minar or the Martyrs’ Column. It was designed by J. P.Parker. Here, political parties, trade unions and other groups met for discussions. The architecture of the building will show the glimpses of Egyptian and Turkish style.
The next spot in the Kolkata Walking Tour comes is the Town Hall, which is a red building conceived by Lord Wellesley. It was designed by John Garstin and used for civic functions, meeting and other things. Post this, you will walk towards the High Court at Calcutta. According to some, it will remind you of the collages in Oxford. But there is also another belief as per which it will remind you of the Rathaus at Hamburge and to the remaining the cloth house at Pyres.
Now, the walking tour will move to Metcalfe Hall. It was built around 1840-42. The building was designed by C.K.Robinson. When seen from the west, it reminded of the Tower of Winds in Athens. The Eastern Railway Commercial Offices are the next stop in the tour. After this head to the BANKSHALL COURT. The court takes its name from a marine trading house. Here, you will see lawyers in black shiny coats. The portico, pillars and arches of the court will remind you of its antiquity.
This walking route will then take you to Eastern Railways Headquarters, one of India’s largest hi-tech zones in railways. This is followed by Netaji Subhas Road, an important thoroughfare in Central Kolkata. There are many buildings on the road that resembles the Victorian style of architecture. Have a look at these buildings. With this, your Kolkata Walking Tour will come to an end. Now head back to the hotel.
- Hotel pick up and drop by air conditioned private car
- English Speaking Tour Guide
- Mineral Water
- All taxes
- Hotel accommodation
- Meals or Beverages other than specified in program
- Expense arising out of unexpected circumstances like natural calamities, flight cancellation or delay
- Enjoy the glimpses of Egyptian and Turkish architecture of Esplanade.
- Eastern Railways Headquarters, one of India’s largest hi-tech zones in railways.
- Sight of Kolkata’s old buildings over Netaji Subhas Road.
- An experienced guide on this Kolkata Walking Tour.
- 30 days prior commencement of tour, No cancellation charges.
- 29-10 days prior commencement of tour, 25% of travel cost.
- 09-03 days prior commencement of tour, 50% of travel cost.
- Less than 03 days prior commencement of tour, No Refund.
Book This Tour
Similar Tour Options
Walking Tour in Old Culcutta with Busy Markets and Heritage Residences
- USD 35 Per Person
- 3 hoursDuration
Heritage Walk at Dalhousie Square with Private Transfers and Tour Guide
- USD 30 Per Person
- 2 to 3 hoursDuration