Adore the style and history of the city Cochin (Kerala)also referred as the Gateway to Kerala, a magnificent combination of Indian and foreign architecture. Cochin(Kerala) is said to be the commercial and industrial region of the Kerala, its major center of trade is spice. Cochin(Kerala) is beleaguered by the Western Ghats on the east and the Arabian Sea on the west, which gives scenic beauty to the city. The most important places to visit here is Forts, churches and an outstanding view of the backwaters. Cochin Sightseeing tour is one of the top tours and one of the top three tourist destinations declared by World Travel & Tourism Council.
- An unforgettable glimpse of Kathakali dance.
- Stopover at oldest synagogue among 53 commonwealth of nations
- Visit burial place of Vasco Da Gama
- Admire the architectural of Portuguese.
Day 1 – Cochin (D)
On arrival to Cochin Airport/Ernakulam Railway station/Hotel, our cabbie will pick you up as per your scheduled time (Recommended time afternoon) and drive you to the hotel. After some while of fresh and relaxed, our chauffeur among a friendly English speaking guide picks you up around 17:30 for the Cochin Cultural tour including Kathakali dance.
Kathakali means “Story play” it is an amazing dance form which used all the facial muscles to portray expressions. This fascinating dance form is known for its heavy costume and embellished makeup. This show mainly portrays the stories from the Ramayana, the Mahabharata, and other Hindu epics. After watching an incredible dance show, a driver drops you to the hotel, here you can enjoy dinner and get retired for the night.
Day 2 – Cochin(B)
Next morning after tempting breakfast to check out from the hotel around 9:00 – 9:30 AM, where our representative among the driver will pick you up and proceed for the Cochin Excursion. Initialize the visit from Jewish Synagogue is the oldest synagogue built in 1568, this place stupefies with its interior, enormous Belgian chandeliers, Chinese floor tiles, gold crowns and the brass-railed pulpit.
Afterward, leave the St Francis Church built in 1503, famous for the burial place of Vasco Da Gama who discover India. After 14 years, his remains were shipped to Portugal remained until 1872 after that taken to the Lisbon, but gravestone is still here in India.
After the church, this Cochin excursion tour will take you to the Dutch Palace also familiar as Mattancherry Palace constructed in 1557 by the Portuguese and present to the Raja of Cochin as a gift. It is a quadrangular building with sloping roofs and at the center of the courtyard diety Palayannur Bhagwati temple is placed among small shrines of Lord Krishna and Lord Shiva. The major attraction point of the palace is its mural counted as best in India, illustrating the scenes from Hindu mythologies.
Later on, you will be taken in the Indo-Portuguese Museum exhibits well-heeled artistic ancestry and leverage of Portuguese.
After completing the Cochin Excursions around 13:30 PM driver will drop you at Airport/Ernakulam Hotel/railway station as per choice.
- Meet and Assistance by IndiaTor.
- 1 Night Hotel Accommodation in good 3-4 Star’s category Hotel.
- 1 dinner and breakfast at Hotel.
- Transport by A/C Car as per the tour Itinerary with all parking and toll tax.
- English speaking Guide.
- Kathakali Dance shows ticket.
- Monuments entry fess.
- All Taxes.
- Any Air & train fare.
- Medical insurance.
- Any expenses arising out of unforeseen circumstances like flight delay/cancellation/hike in.
- Fare, strike or any other natural calamities Personal nature Expenses i.e. Telephone Calls, Laundry, Soft / Hard Drinks, Meals, Tipping etc. Camera Fee at Monuments.
Payment & Cancellation Policy
- Full payment will be required at the time of Confirmation of the Tour.
- 30 Days prior to the commencement of the tour No cancellation charges
- 15 Days prior to date of travel, 50�ncellation charges.
- 03 Days prior to date of travel, 100 �ncellation charges.
- Jewish Synagogue will be closed on Friday & Saturday only outside view on these two days or we arrange to visit the previous day as per your choice.
- Dutch Palace closed on every Friday.
Meal Definition - Please see meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
Robert ArtersAugust 01 2018
The Cochin backwaters are very beautiful and this was made even better by the way we were looked after. The crew cooked us a delicious meal consisting of fish, curried chicken, rice and numerous other accompaniments. This was followed by a very welcome pot of tea. We were made to feel very special and nothing was too much trouble! After spending two days on the houseboat it was time to return and we felt very sad that this wonderful tour was over. On behalf of us all I want to say a heartfelt thanks to our guide, Sunil, the driver and the houseboat crew for giving us such a memorable day.