A trip to India’s tropical Malabar Coast, Kerala is an experience worth living. You can spend a few days with your dear ones alongside backwaters, sky-high mountains, traditional culture with significant history and picture-perfect views. Once you visit the city of Kerala, Palakkad, it will leave you excited with its views, clean air, and happy faces. The actual experience of the traditional life at Kerala will be enjoyed in a homestay. Spread over the Western Ghats, Wayanad will take you away from monotonous life. Popular among tourists, Athirappally has the most magnificent Athirappally Waterfalls in Thrissur district in Kerala, that is a must visit.
- Visit the port city, Kochi and the attractions including Ernakulam, Fort Kochi, and Mattancherry Palace
- Experience the true heritage stay at the Olappamana Mana
- Explore the beauty of Western Ghats with Bamboo Rafting in Wayanad
- The impressive Waterfalls in Athirappally will surely make you amazed by its beauty.
- A stop at the Punnathurkotta Elephant Camp & visit to the Vadakkunathan Temple will make the trip enjoyable
Day 1: Arrive in Cochin + Heritage Walk & City Tour
After arrival in Cochin, our representative will meet you and you will be transferred to the hotel by an AC vehicle. In the afternoon, the sightseeing tour of Cochin will begin.
Located in Kochi, Willingdon Island is the largest artificial man-made island is beautiful in its own way and is surrounded by beautiful backwaters of Kerala. A leisurely walk around the island gives a beautiful view of the place. Marine Drive, a beautiful spot & a popular tourist attraction in Kochi, is located along the edge of the backwaters and has various shopping malls & eating joints.
The next stop would be Bolgatty Palace, a palace built by the Dutch in India during 1744. Located in Bolgatty Island, the Palace is a beautiful island & resort and you will experience the nature’s beauty at its best.
A visit to the Mattancherry Palace, built by the Portuguese in 1555, will take you the royal life of King of Kochi. You will witness the traditional floor made up of coconut shells, mural upstairs, beautifully decorated dining hills & royal temple.The oldest synagogue in Kochi, Paradesi Synagogue (Jewish house of prayer) is a major tourist attraction and has a collection of rare antiques, vintage chandeliers, tiles and other artifacts at the display.
Later we take you a heritage walk to places including Fort Kochi, St. Francis Church and Chinese Fishing Nets. Fort Kochi is unique in its own way with a history, you will find local fishermen catching the fish using Chinese fishing nets. The St. Francis Church is the oldest European church and you will be thrilled to see the beautiful architecture and the timber-framed roof.
After the heritage walk, you will be transferred to your hotel. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 2: Cochin to Palakkad (Vellinezhi) by Road (140 kms / approx. 4 Hrs.)
Our representative will pick you up from the hotel or airport and you will be driven towards Velinezhi, a small village in Palakkad district of Kerala. On arrival, check-in at Olappamana Mana (homestay) and relax after the afternoon lunch. Experience the traditional Kerala culture at Olappamana Mana, visit the weaving center selling fine quality handloom fabrics. Interact with the local communities engaged in making Kathakali costumes. Witness the major ritualistic art form, Kalam Ezhutthi Pattu, also known as powder drawing. It is performed to worship gods, using the floor as the canvas accompanied by musical instruments, floral decorations, a priest and a singer. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 3: Palakkad (Vellinezhi) to Wayanad by Road (150 kms / approx. 4 Hrs.)
After breakfast, you will leave for Wayanad by car. On arrival in Wayanad; check in at the hotel. After relaxing, you can enjoy the natural surroundings of Western Ghats. Stay overnight at the hotel in Wayanad.
Day 4: Wayanad Forest Trek & Bamboo Rafting
After the breakfast, we will head for the adventurous forest trek in jungles of Wayanad. Wayanad is famous for its lush green trail and the trekking areas are quite picturesque. Bamboo rafting in Pozuthana is an experience that is a must do and you will enjoy the greenery, the forest area, and the tea plantations. Sit back on the bamboo raft and float downstream and enjoy the bends of Vythiri river. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 5: Wayanad to Athirapally by Road via Thrissur (255 kms / approx. 6 Hrs.)
After the breakfast, we will drive towards Athirappally by car. En-route, visit at Vadakkunathan temple, Thrissur district of Kerala will happen. Dedicated to Lord Shiva, it is an ancient Hindu temple and is built in Kerala architectural style & is surrounded by monument towers on all sides, called Kuttambalam. The next stop would be Punnathurkotta Elephant Camp, which is home to around 66 elephants and is one of the largest sanctuaries in the world. You can watch the elephants being washed, fed & elephants playing in the mud.
On arrival in Athirappally, check into the hotel and head towards Athirappally Waterfalls. Situated above the sea level on Chalakudy river, Athirappally waterfall is a beautiful sight and it is the largest waterfall in the state. You can enjoy the view of falls, falling down from 80 feet through several streams. Enjoy your overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 6: Athirappally – Cochin Departure (75 Kms/ approx. 2 Hrs)
After the breakfast, you will be transferred to Cochin hotel/ airport by air conditioned vehicle in time to board the flight for onward destination.
- All transfers, tours & sightseeing by Air conditioned vehicle.
- Sightseeing with English speaking tour guide in Cochin only.
- 5 Nights Hotel Accommodation at hotels- Keys Hotel in Cochin/Olappamana Mana at Palakkad/ Wood Resort at Wayanad & Green Tree at Athirapally Or Similar category of hotels.
- Daily Breakfast.
- Brekfast, Lunch & Dinner at Palakkad.
- 1 Bamboo rafting.
- Monuments Entry Fee at Cochin.
- Mineral water.
- All taxes and service charges.
- Any Air & train fare.
- Any expenses arising out of unforeseen circumstances like flight delay/cancellation/hike in
- Camera Fee at Monuments.
- Anything except inclusions.
- Full payment will be required at the time of Confirmation of the Tour.
- 30 Days prior to the commencement of the tour No cancellation charges.
- 15 Days prior to date of travel, 50�ncellation charges.
- 03 Days prior to date of travel, 100 �ncellation charges.
- Jewish Synagogue will be closed on every Friday & Saturday while The Dutch Palace will be closed on every Friday.
- Only outside view on these days are offered.