This special tour package covers the touristy destinations including Kochi, Palakkad, Wayanad, Kannur & Bekal. Amidst the Western Ghat & Arabian Sea, Kochi will definitely help you learn about the Indian culture. Palakkad is a picturesque city with clean air and happy faces. Staying in a homestay will give you an experience of local life & the traditions followed. In the mountains of the Western Ghats, Wayanad is a paradise in itself & is full of forests & wildlife. Kannur is a famous for its weaving industry and has beaches that are untouched. Bekal has the most magnificent Bekal Fort surrounded by calm backwaters on the hillside.
- Explore the port city, Kochi & visit beautiful Willingdon Island & other spots such as Marine Drive, Bolgatty Palace, Fort Kochi & St. Francis Church
- Experience the traditional Kerala culture at the homestay, witness the major ritualistic art form, Kalam Ezhutthi Pattu, also known as powder drawing
- Enjoy yourself in the greenery & beaches in Wayanad & experience bamboo rafting on the bends of Vythiri river
- You will be thrilled to on the Muzhappilangad Drive-In beach, one of the top-six drive-in beaches in the world
- With ancient monuments such as St. Angelo’s Fort, Arakkal Museum & Payyambalam beach, Kannur will give you lots of memories
- Cruise along the Bekal backwaters in a houseboat and soak in the history of Bekal Fort
Day 1: Arrival in Cochin & Heritage Walk & City Tour
After arrival in Cochin, our representative will meet you and you will be transferred to the hotel by an AC car. In the afternoon, the sightseeing tour of Cochin will begin.
Located in Kochi, Willingdon Island is the largest artificial man-made island is beautiful in its own way and is surrounded by beautiful backwaters of Kerala. A leisurely walk around the island gives a beautiful view of the place. Marine Drive, a beautiful spot & a popular tourist attraction in Kochi, is located along the edge of the backwaters and has various shopping malls & eating joints.
The next stop would be Bolgatty Palace, a palace built by the Dutch in India during 1744. Located in Bolgatty Island, the Palace is a beautiful island & resort and you will experience the nature’s beauty at its best.
A visit to the Mattancherry Palace, built by the Portuguese in 1555, will take you the royal life of King of Kochi. You will witness the traditional floor made up of coconut shells, mural upstairs, beautifully decorated dining hills & royal temple.
The oldest synagogue in Kochi, Paradesi Synagogue (Jewish house of prayer) is a major tourist attraction and has a collection of rare antiques, vintage chandeliers, tiles and other artifacts at the display.
Later we take you a heritage walk to places including Fort Kochi, St. Francis Church and Chinese Fishing Nets. Fort Kochi is unique in its own way with a history; you will find local fishermen catching the fish using Chinese fishing nets. The St. Francis Church is the oldest European church and you will be thrilled to see the beautiful architecture and the timber-framed roof.
After the heritage walk, you will be transferred to your hotel. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 2: Cochin to Palakkad (Vellinezhi) by Road (140 Kms / approx. 4 Hrs.)
Our representative will pick you up from the hotel or airport and you will be driven towards Velinezhi, a small village in Palakkad district of Kerala. On arrival, check-in at Olappamana Manna (homestay) and relax after the afternoon lunch. Experience the traditional Kerala culture at Olappamana Mana; visit the weaving center selling fine quality handloom fabrics. Interact with the local communities engaged in making Kathakali costumes. Witness the major ritualistic art form, Kalam Ezhutthi Pattu, also known as powder drawing. It is performed to worship gods, using the floor as the canvas accompanied by musical instruments, floral decorations, a priest and a singer. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 3: Palakkad (Vellinezhi) to Wayanad by Road (150 Kms /apporx. 4 Hrs.)
After breakfast, you will leave for Wayanad by car. On arrival in Wayanad; check in at the hotel. After relaxing, you can enjoy the natural surroundings of Western Ghats. Stay overnight at the hotel.
Day 4: Wayanad Forest Trek & Bamboo Rafting
After the breakfast, we will head for the adventurous forest trek in jungles of Wayanad. Wayanad is famous for its lush green trail and the trekking areas are quite picturesque. Bamboo rafting in Pozuthana is an experience that is a must do and you will enjoy the greenery, the forest area, and the tea plantations. Sit back on the bamboo raft and float downstream and enjoy the bends of Vythiri river. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 5: Wayanad to Kannur by Road (120 Kms /apporx. 3 Hrs.)
After breakfast, we will drive towards Kannur. On the way, enjoy the ride through the Muzhappilangad Drive-In beach and you can spot some migratory birds here. You will check into the hotel on arrival in Kannur. Later in the afternoon, you will visit the major sights in Kannur.
Dedicated to Arakkal family, the only Muslim royal family in Kerala, Arakkal Museum is situated in Arakkal Royal Palace. You can find collections of antiques, furnitures, silver, portraits here and learn about the Royal Muslim family.
St. Angelo Fort, faces the Arabian Sea and was built by Don Francesco de Almeida, first Portuguese Viceroy of India in 1505. The triangular laterite fort attracts a lot of visitors.
Payyambalam beach is impeccably maintained and you can enjoy the calmness with your loved ones. Situated near Payyambalam beach, Kannur Lighthouse is picture-perfect & a delight to see. Evening relax and Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 6: Kannur – Backwaters in Tejaswini River (60 Kms /approx. 2 Hrs.)
After the breakfast, we will drive towards Kasargod and check in at the houseboat in Tejaswini River, flowing through the forests & stretching towards Bekal as the backwaters. You can enjoy cruising in the houseboat in the backwaters. After cruising, you can relax in the houseboat. Overnight on board Housebaot.
Day 7: Bekal – Mangalore Airport (100 Kms / 3 Hrs.)
After breakfast, check out from the houseboat. You will be driven towards Mangalore in an AC car. On the way, pay a visit to the beautiful Bekal Fort. Bekal Fort is the largest fort in Kerala and is preserved beautifully. The fort is surrounded by beaches & you can enjoy the view of the Arabian Sea from the fort. On arrival in Mangalore, you will be transferred to the airport. In time to borad the flight for onward destination.
- All transfers, tours & sightseeing by Air conditioned vehicle.
- Sightseeing with English speaking tour guide in Cochin only.
- 5 Nights Hotel Accommodation in good 3-4 Star Hotel/ Homestay.
- 1 Night at On Board Houseboat.
- Daily Breakfast (Except in Palakkad & On Houseboat- where Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner included)
- Monuments Entry Fee at Cochin.
- 1 Bamboo rafting at Wayanad
- Mineral water.
- All taxes and service charges.
- Any Air & train fare.
- Any expenses arising out of unforeseen circumstances like flight delay/cancellation/hike in
- Camera Fee at Monuments.
- Anything except inclusions.
- Full payment will be required at the time of Confirmation of the Tour.
- 30 Days prior to the commencement of the tour No cancellation charges.
- 15 Days prior to date of travel, 50�ncellation charges.
- 03 Days prior to date of travel, 100 �ncellation charges.
- Jewish Synagogue will be closed on every Friday & Saturday while The Dutch Palace will be closed on every Friday.
- Only outside view on these days are offered.