Kochi is historically rich & a port city that serves as the starting point of tours for many visitors. It is located between the Arabian sea & the Western Ghats and has major tourist attraction including Ernakulam, Fort Kochi, and Mattancherry Palace. Olappamana Mana is one such heritage homestay located in Vellinezehi, Kerala. It is a 300-year-old Kerala Brahmin house that will take you on an exciting journey of traditional Kerala life.
- This tour package will give you exposure to scenic villages, greenery and a diverse cultural heritage of Kerala
- Know the intricate details of Kathakali dance form and its costume making experience from the local communities of the village
- Enjoy your stay at the Olappamana Mana, the heritage homestay & witness the Kerala life
- Engage yourself in Kalam Ezhutthi Pattu (Powder Drawing, a ritual one-of-its-kind and enjoy the visual art drawn using powdersand
- End the short & sweet trip with a visit to Guruvayur Temple
Day 1: Kochi to Palakkad (Vellinezhi ) [150 Kms./approx. 3 ½ Hrs.]
Morning 0700- 1000 AM, You will be picked up from the Cochin hotel or airport and will be driven towards Vellinezhi, a small village in Palakkad district of Kerala. On arrival, check-in at Olappamana Mana (homestay) and relax after the afternoon lunch. Experience the traditional Kerala culture at Olappamana Mana, visit the weaving centre selling fine quality handloom fabrics. Interact with the local communities engaged in making Kathakali costumes. Witness the major ritualistic art form, Kalam Ezhutthi Pattu, also known as powder drawing. It is performed to worship gods, using the floor as the canvas accompanied by musical instruments, floral decorations, a priest and a singer. Evening free at leisure. Overnight at Homestay.
Day 2: Vellinezhi – Guruvayur – Cochin [160 Kms /approx. 3 ½ Hrs.]
After the breakfast, drive towards Guruvayur and visit the Guruvayur Temple. It is a historical temple around 5000 years old and is one of the most visited pilgrimage centres in Kerala. After the darshan, you can go around and visit shops selling Kerala silk sarees. Later, you will be taken back to your hotel or the airport in Cochin.
- 1 Night accommodation at Heritage Homestay at Palakkad.
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner at Homestay.
- Cochin – Palakkad- Guruvayur -Cochin by Private air condition Vehicle.
- Mineral water.
- All taxes and service charges.
- Any Air & train fare.
- Medical insurance
- Camera Fee at Monuments.
- Anything except inclusions.
- Full payment will be required at the time of Confirmation of the Tour.
- 30 Days prior to the commencement of the tour No cancellation charges.
- 15 Days prior to date of travel, 50% cancellation charges.
- 03 Days prior to date of travel, 100 % cancellation charges.