Plan Your Trip
For people who don’t have the budget to fly to Agra or are interested in a more adventurous way to reach Taj Mahal, traveling by train is the perfect option. You not only get to interact with fellow travelers on a journey by train but also get to savour the beauty of the external glances you get of the scenic locations passing by. There are three major railway stations in Agra with good connectivity to all the major cities in India namely, Agra Cantonment (which is the major station in Agra), Raja Ki Mandi, and Agra fort. Reaching Taj Mahal from these stations is pretty easy. While Agra Cantonment is 5.5 km from Taj West Gate, Agra Fort is merely 2.8 km away so one can easily take a taxi or an auto to reach Taj Mahal. Here’s how you can reach Agra from various cities by train:
• From Delhi- You can take trains like the Taj Express or AP Express from New Delhi Railway station or trains like Gatiman Express or Rajdhani from Hazrat Nizamuddin Station to reach Agra from Delhi.
• From Mumbai- You can travel from Mumbai Central Station to Agra Cantonment in trains like Ltt-Hw Super Fast Express, Punjab Mail, and Amritsar Express etc. in affordable prices ranging from 700 to 1000 bucks. The journey, however, would take 8 to 22 hours.
• From Goa- Trains like Mangla-Ldweep and Goa Express run regularly from Madgaon station in Goa to Agra Cantonment. It is budget travel but will cost you 30+ hours to reach your destination.
• From Hyderabad- Rajdhani, Telangana, and Nizamuddin Express run from Secunderabad to Agra Cantonment and take 19 to 25 hours to reach Agra.
• From Jaipur- Trains like Jodhpur Howrah Superfast Express, Ziyarat Express etc.,among many others, run between Jaipur junction and Agra Fort Railway Station so you can reach your destination in 4-6 hours by train.
send us your query for train ticket bookings at - email@example.com